Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Hall commits to WSU

Originally posted by Wichita Eagle
    Wichita State usually wraps up most of its baseball signings in the fall. Spring signings are rare. Occasionally, a player comes along too tempting to pass on. The Shockers are always looking for hitters, and perhaps they found one.

Sam Hall, a corner infielder from Utah, committed to WSU this week and will sign in April. He is a left-handed hitter who hit 11 home runs for Bonneville High in Odgen, batting .425 with a .716 on-base percentage. He trains with former Shocker outfielder Dustin Hawkins, who encouraged WSU coaches to take a look at Hall at their hitting camp.

“Dustin answered all my questions,” Hall said. “For me to be the best baseball player, get to the next level and win a College World Series, it’s the place to go.”

Hall (6-foot-1, 220 pounds) said he weighed 165 pounds as a sophomore and 195 pounds as a junior.

“I’m big into weight lifting,” he said. “I love it. I’m not as big as some guys and I’m from Utah, so I’ve got to work hard.”

WSU signed 10 players in the fall: Eastern Oklahoma State pitcher Brandon Bargas, a lefty who played one season at Oklahoma; Moore (Okla.) lefty Kyle Vail; Cowley College utility player Aaron Rea; Maize outfielder Conner Knight; Shawnee Heights utility player Tyler Baker; pitcher A.J. Ladwig of Omaha’s Millard West; first baseman Casey Gillaspie of Omaha’s Millard North; Lincoln (Neb.) Southeast outfielder Taylor Doggett, Cherokee Trail (Colo.) outfielder Mikel Mucha and St. Louis DeSmet pitcher Kyle Bouman.
    Source

Wow, 165 to 195 to 220! Intriguing.

I know, I know... can he hit a D-1 breaking ball?

Comment

Between him and the coughner (spelling) kid there will be some real beef out there in a few years. Whether or not that translates into bomb dropping feats I don't know.

Comment

This will be a big class 11 guys plus Mitch
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Nice article I missed about Sam Hall, who'll be on campus this month. Looks like a winner.

Also, a couple of pics of him at the Triple-A Home Run Derby. He went out in the first round, but the wind was blowing in from right. ;)

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
            Nice article I missed about Sam Hall, who'll be on campus this month. Looks like a winner.

Also, a couple of pics of him at the Triple-A Home Run Derby. He went out in the first round, but the wind was blowing in from right. ;)

http://www2.standard.net/slideshows/...home-run-derby
            Appears to be a real catch. This is what we need more of. Congrats to the coaching staff.

Comment

I know, I know... can he hit a D-1 breaking ball?
              You dog, you beat me to it! :yahoo:
              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Working...
              X