30 Years of Shocker Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Years of Shocker Baseball

Hey all - my signifigant other works in the Alumni Dept and told me that the Alumni Assoc. will be putting on a little dealio celebrating 30 years of baseball under Coach Stephenson. Word is most if not all current Shockeres in the MLB will be there as well as past Shocker greats. I think tickets will be fairly inexpensive as well. Just thought I give a heads up.

that would be quite the gathering of baseball greats.

Comment

That would be quite an event.

Comment

Link:

Comment

There is a great opportunity next Monday night, Jan 7th to see many former Shocker greats, current and former major league players here to honor Shocker baseball. I heard there were only about 300 tickets sold, where are the 8,000+ that went to the super regionals last year. Come out and see many great people - players - Shockers.
          Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
          GO SHOX!

Comment

Great timing of this event, it is scheduled as the same time as the BCS MNC Bowl Game.
            Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

bump.

Comment

Great evening, Eric Wedge for President.

:yes:
                Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

A great event indeed. Thanks to all responsible for putting it on.

Comment

A very nice event. Many former players were there (a lot of current players were also there).

Also a good crowd of Shocker fans in attendance.

Gene seemed very moved by everything. :wsu_posters:

Comment

A fantastic event!! Casey Blake, Nate Robertson and Eric Wedge all sitting together after playing against one another in the fall. Joe. Charlie. Darren. Phil. Derek.

Pat Mears watching. Plus Greg Brummett (the hero of '89). And many more!! Jim, Brent and Gene were roasted a bit.
                      :clap: :goshocks:
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

It was a great great event and having the chance to see all those guys together gathered in one place is a chance of a lifetime. :yes: I was a bit disappointed with the turnout. I suspect if it had been basketball and all what 10 great players we have ever had there would have been 10,000 in attendance. :-x But Im not going to ***** about that. Also the write ups in the eagle are pretty pathetic also. :-x Its a shame that what gene has done doesnt get more respect. I mean the guy has put together 30 years of 40+ wins. There really isnt much in college sports that could talk of that sort of achievement. It really is amazing and I couldnt have been prouder to be a shocker or to be associated with something like what gene has done. :good: A great big thank you to all those that attended and that made the event possible it really was a great night and something ill never forget. To all you who missed it to watch freaking lsu ohio state (didnt realize there was anyone who cared about the game) shame on you. Youll never get a collection of men and stories around like that ever again. Although there will be another bs bcs championship game next year that still wont crown the real champ. I thought the the pinnacle of the night was when charlie o'brien talked about how big of a deal it was that his son was going to be attending wsu next year and that he made the decision on his own and he didnt pressure him and just how proud he was that his son chose wsu. Anyways I could ramble on and on and this is already getting rather fractured so ill end on that note. Thanks to gene, brent, jt, scooter, and everyone thats been a member of this fine coaching staff over the years. Thanks to all the players that ever wore the uniform. You have provided me with a lifetime of memories, stories and thrills. I'm appreciative of all the hard work everyone has invested in such an amazing legacy. Thank you for everything... :wsu_posters:

Comment

Eric Wedge's speech alone was worth the price of admission. He is an excellent speaker and is very forceful in what he believes.

He even has his own list of "non-negotiables".

Comment

I thought the crowd was good. I agree with ISASO on the great speech that 'Mr Wedge' ( as Derek Schermerhorn reverently referred to him) gave at the podium. You got a small feel for what the Indian clubhouse might be like before a big game. Hearing him use the term 'non-negotiable' was great.

Comment

Well I'm still bent at this point about the hammons center getting a write up twice as long as 30 years of wsu baseball. I mean WTF!!! The F'n hammons center... You have got to be kidding me. What a bunch of crap. Makes me want to drive my car through the eagle...

Comment

Working...
                              X