Conor Gillaspie - Scottsdale Scorpions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Gillaspie - Scottsdale Scorpions

Saturday Nov 20 - Javelinas vs. Scorpions, 3:08 p.m. ET (1:08 AZ), MLB Network & MLB.com/live. http://bit.ly/ampBHL

Go Scorpions!

Comment

Nats prospects shine in AFL Championship win

The Scottsdale Scorpions won the 2010 Arizona Fall League title with a 3-2 win over Peoria Javelinas with Nationals prospects making impacts throughout the game.

Sammy Solis won the game, Cole Kimball pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning for the save, Bryce Harper had the go-ahead RBI single and Stephen Lombardozzi smacked an RBI double to plate the eventual winning run.

Solis pitched four solid innings with Kimball getting a strike out and a pair of weak infield grounders to save it. Kimball was hitting 96 to 98 miles per hour on the radar gun according to MLB Network.
      Derek Norris, of Goddard, Ks, caught Solis and went 1-for-3 with a run scored. Michael Burgess even got on base with a walk in the eighth inning.

Solis went four innings, throwing 72 pitches with 43 for strikes. He allowed two runs but only one was earned, walked one and struck out three. The Scorpions used five relievers, including Kimball, to shut down Peoria from there and win their first ever AFL Championship.
      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Shirley - What are you tryng to tell me with the big, bold letters regarding Norris? Just that he's a local product or something else?

Not wanting to sound bitter, because I'm not, but I'd reserve those fonts for former Shockers. I'm hoping Derek does well, (and probably will), however, I'm much more excited about Shockers in the pros, from anywhere, than I am about someone from this area that didn't wear a Shox uniform. I compare that to a local player that went to K Who and is playing in the pros.

Comment

I was just highlighting a local kid, it's as simple as that, fixed, how is that?

I was hoping that he would play for the Shox.
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
            I was just highlighting a local kid, it's as simple as that, fixed, how is that?

I was hoping that he would play for the Shox.
            Agreed. (And thanks for the fix :D ).

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Yeah one more guy that you think would have had a better chance if they had played for the shocks.

Comment

You know this is kind of FUNNY. The title for the post is Conor Gillaspie - .........

No where in the post is he mentioned

Comment

What you said!!!
                  First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

FromESPN

With Pablo Sandoval on the disabled list and Freddy Sanchez sidelined with a sore knee, the San Francisco Giants may see the need for an infielder for awhile and prospect Conor Gillaspie could be the choice. Andrew Baggarly tweeted Wednesday morning that Gillaspie was removed the Triple-A Fresno lineup after just one inning Tuesday, which could mean he'll be with the big club for Wednesday's game.

Gillaspie's stay, if he does get the call, could be short, however, since Sanchez isn't on the disabled list and may not hit it at all, though Sandoval is expected to miss up to seven weeks in total.

Gillaspie, a 23-year-old left-handed bat, is hitting .323 with a .373 on-base percentage in 40 games in Triple-A. To make room for Gillaspie, the Giants could either DL Sanchez or send Darren Ford back to the minors.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
                      FromESPN

With Pablo Sandoval on the disabled list and Freddy Sanchez sidelined with a sore knee, the San Francisco Giants may see the need for an infielder for awhile and prospect Conor Gillaspie could be the choice. Andrew Baggarly tweeted Wednesday morning that Gillaspie was removed the Triple-A Fresno lineup after just one inning Tuesday, which could mean he'll be with the big club for Wednesday's game.

Gillaspie's stay, if he does get the call, could be short, however, since Sanchez isn't on the disabled list and may not hit it at all, though Sandoval is expected to miss up to seven weeks in total.

Gillaspie, a 23-year-old left-handed bat, is hitting .323 with a .373 on-base percentage in 40 games in Triple-A. To make room for Gillaspie, the Giants could either DL Sanchez or send Darren Ford back to the minors.
                      Thanks for the info. I hope it happens.

Comment

GO CONOR!

Comment

This is great! Lots of Shockers and/or former commits getting a chance to show their stuff in the show.

Comment

Sounds like the Gillaspie call up may be delayed since he hurt his ankle Tuesday. I guess it depends on how bad they think it is. Would love to see him get a shot.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                            X