Andy Dirks advances to AAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Dirks advances to AAA

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Pretty quick rise through the ranks for Dirks! I hope the tigers see all the intangibles he brings to the field and call him up next year.

Comment

Next year how about a September call up.
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

That would not be out of reach.

Comment

Great start for Andy at AAA.

In his first 9 games, he's hitting .395 ( 15-38 ) with 6 2Bs and a dinger.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

He's making his case pretty well it appears.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Tigers cut Johnny Damon to make room for younger players. Andy Dirks? Maybe
              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

The Tigers put both Damon and Inge on waivers Thursday, yet both are in the line-up and playing right now. Is this common?

Comment

WOW I don't know I guess?

Comment

I don't think it's uncommon at all. I believe they have 10 days to clear so you might as well keep playing them until you can do something.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

the waiver wire is nothing more than a "want ad" if you will. If they get claimed they have so much time to work out a deal.

Teams can always pull them back if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                        the waiver wire is nothing more than a "want ad" if you will. If they get claimed they have so much time to work out a deal.

My wife is contemplating placing me on the ‘waiver wire’; however she’s concerned there’ll be no offers. :D
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                          Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

My wife is contemplating placing me on the ‘waiver wire’; however she’s concerned there’ll be no offers. :D
                          Well there is always the option of a DFA or just give the out right release :D

Comment

aaaaaaand Dirks pulls his right hammy.

Crappy timing, as he was in the mix for a call up.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                            X