Shocker all-time bestreliever question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker all-time bestreliever question

In your opinion who is the all-time best closer ever to wear a Shocker uniform?

Well Im curious how to vote myself. Im wondering if i should vote based on stats, talent, or say dominance... For example Bug eating bluma was maybe the most dominant but he came in after driefort and had some serious players in the field backing him up. newlin probably has the best stats but also played with a hell of a team. I wouldnt even put sublett in teh question at this point in time. But i guess thats what the astrics for. But in my opinion he isnt anywhere nea the other guys on the list in potential. Sure he has the great bulldog mentality thats so important but his pitches and talent as a closer isnt anywhere near the other guys on the list. So I guess what im saying is ill have to think about this one a bit and try to decide the best way to vote for the overall. Just not sure how to do that at the moment. But they are all great ballers and im glad to have seen them all pitch and play for the shox.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
      Sure he has the great bulldog mentality thats so important but his pitches and talent as a closer isnt anywhere near the other guys on the list.
      Not so sure that's correct. Dude's pretty filthy.

Comment

Dreifort, Darren

Comment

I'd have to agree with WyoWu, that Darren was probably the best reliever, he didn't always close so if the question is best all-time closer than I go with Bug Eater Bluma.
          THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Double D for sure!!

Comment

Dreifort is the obvious answer to the "best reliever" question, but it was narrowed down to best closer. Darren would have to be considered a long relief guy.

Comment

Um, Poll :: All time best reliever ever to wear a Shocker uniform?.

Comment

Re: Shocker all-time bestreliever question

Originally posted by lawmaker
                  In your opinion who is the all-time best closer ever to wear a Shocker uniform?

Pollster's question. There's no reason to even have a poll if he's opening it up to best reliever.

Comment

To say that Damon doesn't have the potential of these other guys is just plain wrong. But his name doesn't belong in a poll with any of these other pitchers YET. If he helps us get to Omaha during his career, then yeah.

Comment

My Vote is Damon I just think the guy can flat out pitch hit and play a pretty nasty second base at that. Just look at the guys # most of them are strike outs or zeros because thats what he is a zero. Every time he comes in I think to my self ok this game is over. With the pitchers we have if we can get the game to the 8th and bring him in all your going to see is a zero for the 8th and a 0 for the 9th. Simply put he is a Zero.

Comment

very difficult to compare such a wide range of guys.

how many voters have actually seen all or even most of them?

i know i personally have only seen 4 of them.

also, why wouldn't Noah Booth be on the list as well?

just wondering.
                        although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Noah's not and never been a closer. Again, if it's open to all relievers, then case closed - DD's the guy.

The question is best Closer and it's a damn good one. I for one can't come up with a definitive answer.

Comment

Newlin is before my time, but of the others, Jamie Bluma is my guy. You just KNEW when he came in that the game was in the bag. He had the "X-Box curve" and the "Bugs Bunny changeup," along with a good live fastball, and he'd throw any one at any time. And even when you guessed right, you couldn't hit it.

Looper had the big fastball, but he didn't always pitch very smart. I will never forget the BOMB Steve Hacker hit off him down in Springfield, when the SMART play was to walk Hacker and pitch to ANYBODY else. Hacker hit about a zillion home runs that season, and for good reason. But nooo, Braden wanted to go mano a mano with big Steve, and Hacker hit one into the next zip code.

Comment

Good argument. I think I'm leaning towards J Bluma as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X