Minnis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnis

Below is one question that stuck in my head from reading the above link. I don't see this kid showing up.

BD: What is your sign-ability?

Minnis: Singability, I really want to play pro ball after high school. So, extremely good.

More good news!

Comment

Well scratch that one off the list. As I read that article I felt like I needed to hand him a rag so he could wipe the MLB drool from his face.

The only good thing about it is that he may have made it so obvious that they draft him low and don't offer much figuring he'll sign anyway and he gets insulted.

Hey, Gene, what's he been tellin' you every week?

Comment

Just curious as to why WSU wastes time with these kids. Obviously he wants to play pro ball even if there isn't a lot of money on the table.
        Wouldn't it seem better to just skip him and focus on someone else? Or is the thinking that the upside is huge if by a slim chance he does play college? Just seems like a bit of a risk to me, and wasted time and energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas
          Just curious as to why WSU wastes time with these kids.
          because if they didnt go after the top talent then people would ***** about them not going after these kids. damned if you do. damned if you dont situation. and if one of these kids turned around and went to ku or ksu after wsu didnt go after them, the bitching would be worse.

Comment

Just curious as to why WSU wastes time with these kids.
            We don't know what input the Shocker coaching staff had while recruiting Albert. He may have told them the exact opposite of what he expressed in this interview. He does not appear to be a can't miss prospect by any means.

Brent's talking with him on a weekly basis. I don't think it is a foregone conclusion that he will sign pro. Albert would seem to be the kind of kid who could benefit quite a bit by playing college ball under Brent's tutelage, although there are no guarantees.

The one thing we know for sure is that Albert is not a tough negotiator.

Comment

The one thing we know for sure is that Albert is not a tough negotiator.
              That's a polite way of putting it. That was not the most brilliant interview a guy considering pro or college has ever given.

When I was that age, 4 years in the minors would have looked really great to me. The impact of bus rides, cheap hotels, dismal towns, and facilities worse than Lawrence-Dumont would not have dampened my enthusiasm.

A scout for the Cubs found me and got me on a summer semi-pro team with mostly kids from KU, K-State, and Okie State. I was supposed to get a tryout with the Cubs, but I got hurt and didn't get it. Looking back, I'm glad it worked out that way.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Just curious as to why WSU wastes time with these kids. Obviously he wants to play pro ball even if there isn't a lot of money on the table.
                Wouldn't it seem better to just skip him and focus on someone else? Or is the thinking that the upside is huge if by a slim chance he does play college? Just seems like a bit of a risk to me, and wasted time and energy.

A lot of people thought WSU was wasting their time going after Mike Pelfrey too. Look how well that turned out.

Unless there is absolutely no chance they will go to college, you have to try.

Comment

Working...
                X