WSU/EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hill Sitter
    Mr. Coy's home run was one of the longest I've ever seen at Eck.
    It was a Moffit type blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Sitter
      Mr. Coy's home run was one of the longest I've ever seen at Eck.
      Not sure I'd go that far, but it was good. It bounced into 21st street. The longest I saw didn't land until well over 21st...several of those in '98...maybe not several, but a few. :)

Comment

Coy's blast wasn't so much that it went far, but how high it went doing it. MK wasn't exaggerating. It easily cleared the scoreboard by 30 feet. A really nice smooth-stroking bomb fo sure.

Kelley pitched lights out for the most part. A really good outing. WSU needed a quick start and they got it.

Need to keep it rolling tomorrow so we get a nice rest on Friday.

:posterwu:
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The big 2 (Coop and TK) certainly have taken care of business and put the Shocks in a very good position.

As with Coop last night I'm not sure Tim was at his sharpest, but he and Cody really thought there way through this game very well. Also, Tim had to deal with a relatively tight strike zone tonight.

Offensively, the Shocks impressed with 6 doubles, a triple and Johhny's moonshot. Bret continues to rip the ball and Will seems to like this time of year. OTOH we did blow a few opportunities with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs. If Shocks can do a better job of cashing these in and get Ryan and Preston going on offense they will be very tough to deal with. We did get a ringing double from Nate tonight. Anything we get from Nate at the plate is a bonus.

Hopefully, we can get 5-6 good, solid innings from Charlie tomorrow night.

:goshocks:

Comment

I think the longest home run was one Pete Incaviglia hit during his college days at OSU.

One thing about Johnny's shot tonight was that it was all Johnny -- no wind to help out tonight. In any case, it was a no doubter.

One good thing about Johnny is he does not fall in love with the home run ball and he doesn't try to pull everything as witnessed by his RBI double to right center in the 9th.

Comment

Coy's shot was way over the scoreboard. It was over the electrical wires. It was a no-doubter.

It was great to see!

Comment

A fine pitching performance from Kelley tonight. Also some very good clutch hitting up and down the line-up. Baez really came through with his double and triple and Coy's home run was a bomb.

Kelley's pitching was backed up by some really nice defense. Those two catches by Kevin Hall were huge.

I also enjoyed seeing the stolen bases. All around great game. :wsu_posters:

Comment

Great Coy quote on the MVC Tournament Central Web site ...

Wichita State Freshman first-base Johnny Coy on homerun:
                  “It was the first pitch fastball. It wasn’t all that fast, so I kind of had to wait back on it. I am not sure if it reached 21st Street. Oh, it did?”
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Coy put one over the scoreboard against San Jose State. Cleared the back fence and bounced across 21st.

Luckily a passer bye threw it back. Its sitting on my sons bookshelf now.

Comment

Johnny can really hit the ball. I love it when he connects. It is a thing of beauty.

Comment

I saw D Dreifort hit many over the scoreboard. And Toby Smith same years.

Comment

Working...
                        X