2nd Team
    OF - Travis Bennett

HM
    1B - Johnny Coy
    RP - Logan Hoch

Congrats to the Shockers.

complete list of players:

Congrats to all of the Shockers!

BTW- I already posted the Shocker all Valley awards a couple of hours ago under the MVC Tourney thread:

I wasn't sure if it was proper internet style to create a new topic, but I sure think it deserves one.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3
      +1. Congrats to everybody on the list. :wsu_posters:

Comment

BTW- I already posted the Shocker all Valley awards a couple of hours ago under the MVC Tourney thread:

I wasn't sure if it was proper internet style to create a new topic, but I sure think it deserves one.
        Sorry. I didn't see it at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by twister17e
          +1. Congrats to everybody on the list. :wsu_posters:

+2. Congrats to all of the Shockers on the list!

Comment

Pretty remarkable feat for Bascue. He spent his whole career struggling to get regular playing time and now earns 1st team MVC. Just goes to show what can happen if you keep plugging away and put in your time.

Comment

This year Gene improved from his 9th place position in voting for coach of the year award.

Comment

I thought Gene was ruled ineligible for the award because he won "too much".

Comment

Congrats to Jordan Cooper. COOP was named a second team ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American. Couple of things from GoShockers.com:
                  • Has a 3.65 GPA in criminal justice
                    9-2 with a 1.59 ERA
                    1st Shocker to be named an Academic All-American since Rob Musgrave in 2008
                    27th WSU baseball student-athlete to be named an Academic All-American[list:eba69c228d]Third-most in NCAA Division I baseball history behind Notre Dame [29] and Bucknell [28]
                  [/list:u:eba69c228d]

Comment

Glad to see Bennett get rewarded, I was a little peeved that he was 2nd team all conference last yeat, and I believe, the only all mvc member who was left off the preseason awards this year...either people didn't know he transferred or he was the victim of the WSU effect...

Comment

Working...
                    X