This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five games? Seriously?

Might want to tone down the criticism of those fans who toss considerably more than fifty bones to the program each year.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3
      Originally posted by ShockerFever
      Originally posted by shox1989
      Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Wow, better to have a slice of the pie than go hungry.

Now we get to face the Bears again after 10 days. Time to pay back for last Sunday's embarrassing output.

I won't be too excited about facing Meade and the Bears. Dude can deal....he's no Jordan Cooper, but this team has shown too many times they can go into the tank offensively.

Still....17-4 in our last 21.

We have 4-5 guys now that I LOVE to see at the plate, in any situation. 2 high quality starters with Charlie looking better every day.

And a little life in the pen. Fleming, Hoch and McKeever are looking pretty good.....Muncrief and Guy showing signs of life as well.
      Your concerns are definitely valid. This team can flip it at a switch of the button. Meade did give up 5 runs to SIU in 5 innings yesterday. He's good but he's beatable... especially with Cooper on the other side of the field.

This team seems to really kick it into high gear come tourney time (especially the last two years at home). Hopefully they bring the same mentality this year.

You're right. Charlie looked great today and even the relief pitching is looking good against a pretty good hitting team.

Hopefully the Eck will fill up nicely to open things up at 7:30 Tuesday. I'll be there and contributing to that special atmosphere that our fans bring come Valley tourney crunch time.

:posterwu:

I am glad that you will be there. I hope this won't be your first game of the year (or one of two or three).

If so, I will have to start calling you "Bob Lutz".
      If you must know, Tuesday will be my 5th game of the year. I've had a few schedule conflicts this year and at times I was more frustrated than usual to attend. The Valley tourney adds a whole new dimension and atmosphere to the games.

I love good, solid Shocker baseball, but I really love Shocker postseason baseball.

I've been following them since Day 1 (with one early break in there). Please don't confuse me with Mr. Lutz again. I'm quite insulted.

I hope you live a long ways from Wichita. I can't believe you have only seen 4 games this year. You post like you are an expert on this team.

You have barely seen them play.

I try not to miss more than 4 games a year (home and away).

I also have to go to a lot of trouble just to see home games. To see Tuesday night's game I have to drive from KC to Hutch and then get to go to Wichita for the game. I then get to get up and drive to Topeka at 6:00am Wednesday morning and then drive back to Wichita Wednesday night to see the second game (hopefully we will win on Tuesday, so I can make it to Wednesday's game).

I probably saw more Shocker baseball games in 1978 then you have seen in your entire lifetime! :D
      Nope, my location is easily viewable right under my username.

Again, I've had a work schedule that isn't quite set into stone as I would like it so it has caused me to work some evenings and weekends. It's unfortunate but it's the truth. If I'm now considered less of a fan because of that, then so be it. Of course, I don't believe that, but if that's your thought process (wrong, I might add), then whatever.

The last two years were least attended years in my life. I was out of the state last year but managed to squeak a game in March on my visiting trip back home and the work schedule hasn't helped this year. I'm 27 years old and my dad probably took me to my first game around the age of 2 or 3. At some points, I was able to attend a large portion of the home schedule (this as a middle to high schooler, not a 60-something retiree). If I were to guess a round about average of games per year over the course of my life, I'd throw out a guess of 10-15, not counting the postseason. So unless the Shocks played over 300 games in 1978, I think you may be wrong.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89
        Five games? Seriously?

Might want to tone down the criticism of those fans who toss considerably more than fifty bones to the program each year.
        So this is what I get for opening up some positive speak before the Valley tournament? I'll keep that in mind next time..

I'm not criticizing some fans for being diehard Shocker fans. I'm not criticizing some fans for the amount of games they attend. The criticism goes for what I've seen and heard throughout the year. I may have not attended every home game throughout the year, but you better believe I've tried to have a radio nearby whenever possible for every one of em. No, it doesn't contribute dollars and cents, but is that what being a fan is about? Dollars and cents?

I have to wonder how many games some of our beloved season ticket holders attended back when they were in their teens or 20's... (Of course that may have been too far back into the no-baseball abyss..)

It's appeasing to know that I am not a fan anymore and my wallet size reflects the amount of fanhood I can attain.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Five games? Seriously?

So this is what I get for opening up some positive speak before the Valley tournament? I'll keep that in mind next time..

I'm not criticizing some fans for being diehard Shocker fans. I'm not criticizing some fans for the amount of games they attend. The criticism goes for what I've seen and heard throughout the year. I may have not attended every home game throughout the year, but you better believe I've tried to have a radio nearby whenever possible for every one of em. No, it doesn't contribute dollars and cents, but is that what being a fan is about? Dollars and cents?

I have to wonder how many games some of our beloved season ticket holders attended back when they were in their teens or 20's... (Of course that may have been too far back into the no-baseball abyss..)

It's appeasing to know that I am not a fan anymore and my wallet size reflects the amount of fanhood I can attain.

I was 19 when Gene re-started the Shocker baseball program. I missed very few games throughout my twenties (or 30s or 40s for that matter).

BTW- I may be middle aged but I am far from retired, and still a good ways from 60.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

It has much more to do with attempting to be the toughest bully on the Shockernet playground than anything else. For about three and a half weeks this year, you completely lost your sh!t and regularly stood around challenging anyone to present the slightest optimism so that you could reprimand them for being an idiot. Common sense dictates that this is pretty immature, and that viewpoint is exacerbated when it is revealed that you attended five freaking games.

That is all I will say on the matter.

Comment

It has much more to do with attempting to be the toughest bully on the Shockernet playground than anything else. For about three and a half weeks this year, you completely lost your #### and regularly stood around challenging anyone to present the slightest optimism so that you could reprimand them for being an idiot. Common sense dictates that this is pretty immature, and that viewpoint is exacerbated when it is revealed that you attended five freaking games.

ditto.

Comment

It has much more to do with attempting to be the toughest bully on the Shockernet playground than anything else. For about three and a half weeks this year, you completely lost your #### and regularly stood around challenging anyone to present the slightest optimism so that you could reprimand them for being an idiot. Common sense dictates that this is pretty immature, and that viewpoint is exacerbated when it is revealed that you attended five freaking games.

The team sucked it up. I didn't have to travel to ****ing Arizona, Long Beach, or anywhere else to realize this. I didn't challenge anyone. I certainly didn't see you standing up to me at the time. Where were you at then? Only now when it appears the worst has been put behind us do you get on your pedestal and speak your mind. Pretty weak if you ask me.

I'm not a season ticket holder so now I have no right to have an opinion on the team? GFY.

Again, this is what I get for actually being positive for the team and rallying up the troops. The Sunshine Pumping Club knows no bounds.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I actually made multiple posts warning you that by slamming optimistic fans, you appear to be rooting against the team's success. If you'd like I will dig them up to worsen your appearance of overreaching stupidity.

Criticizing performance is fine when justified. What you routinely do is entirely different.

Comment

Alright, I think you've all spoken your peace on this enough. Lets turn to the games at hand that hopefully get played today between raindrops.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                    X