No announcement yet.

Shox v. Redbirds II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully, Tim Kelley is on the top of his game tomorrow.

Comment

• 4th error of the day on Daidson. Agree Kelley needs to bring his A+ game tomorrow. We need him to step up.

And a 3 run homerun after the error. Game over after another homerun

Comment

• the gap between the offense and the pitching/defense is laughable..
        "If you're not first, you're last"

Comment

• Nothing like filling up ILS's confidence bucket going into the rubber game.

Comment

• Way to get run ruled. Horrible performance better show up tomorrow.
            THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

• 3 HRs for Court? And why are they throwing to him again? Open tryouts for pitchers would have been a good idea apparently..

Comment

• Originally posted by Show_Me_the_Wulah
                haha I love the doomsday calls from the 3rd inning.. anyone that knows anything about baseball knows that its not over when a team is hitting like WSU is and you still have 21 outs to get..
                Quoted for emphasis.

WSU gets outscored 15-1 after the 4th inning to end the game.

How could a team possibly go from a 9-0 dominating performance to getting freaking mercy-ruled in the next game?

Typical mediocre, inconsistent team, with fans getting tickled and teased with a couple of meaningless midweek games.

Congrats to Illinois State on the Valley title.

Time to get lucky and hot on that last weekend in May! The motto from about the first week of March on! Woooooohooo!!!1
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  Originally posted by Show_Me_the_Wulah
                  haha I love the doomsday calls from the 3rd inning.. anyone that knows anything about baseball knows that its not over when a team is hitting like WSU is and you still have 21 outs to get..
                  Quoted for emphasis.

WSU gets outscored 15-1 after the 4th inning to end the game.

How could a team possibly go from a 9-0 dominating performance to getting freaking mercy-ruled in the next game?

Typical mediocre, inconsistent team, with fans getting tickled and teased with a couple of meaningless midweek games.

Congrats to Illinois State on the Valley title.

Time to get lucky and hot on that last weekend in May! The motto from about the first week of March on! Woooooohooo!!!1

Too bad the offense is consistently wasted in these losses.. The pitching and defense is piss poor.. Seen better in high school..

Comment

• Like I said yesterday, although nice to see a 3-0 start to the weekend, it didn't mean this team was back to regional caliber style play. We got worked today and tomorrow is a very important game. Hopefully, this team doesn't continue to wallow in their sorrows for an extended period of time like they demonstrated after the LBSU series.

Comment

• Can someone watching this team please explain a simple question - Why does Grant Muncrief get the call to pitch in any game when the outcome is in doubt?

Does he have pictures of GS with the nutcase woman from a few years ago?

A simple explanation would be appreciated. Thank you. 8)
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
                        Can someone watching this team please explain a simple question - Why does Grant Muncrief get the call to pitch in any game when the outcome is in doubt?

That's damn funny right there!
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Can someone watching this team please explain a simple question - Why does Grant Muncrief get the call to pitch in any game when the outcome is in doubt?

Apparently they keep hoping that because Muncrief reportedly has good stuff, one of these days he'll remember where to put it and do so on a consistent basis. As usual, though, today was not that day. From all indications, he simply isn't ready to return to action under meaningful conditions, so your explanation about the pix is probably as good as any when it comes to why they don't just sit him down for a while.

Lest I disappoint my intemperate stalker, or KC, or the rest of the doomsday crew, here's some good news: at least this wasn't Sunday. Wouldn't a game like that have made for a fun trip home? And here's some more: when he kept them in the park, Mateychick was damn tough today. :roll: How do you give up four hits, all of which leave the yard?

Actually, about the best news from today's debacle was that it was no more significant in terms of what happens tomorrow than yesterday's was in terms of what happened for the last 6 1/2 innings today. If Kelley is on his game Sunday -- admittedly, no cinch these days -- the IlState "momentum" will go Poof! in a hurry.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                            Lest I disappoint my intemperate stalker, or KC, or the rest of the doomsday crew.
                            It's so hilarious because in your quest to "ignore" me, you have referenced me and KC more often than your baseball discussion.

The truth must really sting ya really, really badly, PuppyWatcher.

The real question is.. who is "stalking" who? ROFL.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think the answer is he has good stuff (Low-Mid 90's), but he lacks control because he's came off a injury. The only way he's going to have a chance to get better is to pitch. Of course this might mean taking some lumps, but they need him very bad at very least MVC tournament and if they would win the MVC tournament in the Regional.

But it also say a lot about the depth of the pitching staff when they have to shove him out to the mound - this has to be the worst staff ever that I can remember and really see no light at the end of the tunnel.

At least in 2000 (that was another recent memory of a struggling staff). You could see the future potential with the likes of Peterson, Keiter, Maureau, Kerbs, Bryan, Dennison and Tetuan.

Comment

Working...
                              X