Bret Bascue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bret Bascue

Is it time to give him AB's against righties as well? With McKeever out for awhile probably, can we move Springer to first and DH Bascue?

I think Coy will be playing 1B- the Bascue/Bennett platoon is working out great, and remember, Bascue is only hitting .600-something because he's being carefully spotted against lhp only.

Comment

I've always been a fan of BBCue and I've always felt his undefined role has been his problem. As a fan I never have felt like he has a chance to really settle in and not feel like one bad game and it was bench time.

Now he has a role: come in and kill lhps. And look at what he is doing!

If he can keep this up I wonder what kind of post season award he would get. Basketball has a 6th man award -- 10th man award for BBCue?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
        I've always been a fan of BBCue and I've always felt his undefined role has been his problem. As a fan I never have felt like he has a chance to really settle in and not feel like one bad game and it was bench time.

Now he has a role: come in and kill lhps. And look at what he is doing!

If he can keep this up I wonder what kind of post season award he would get. Basketball has a 6th man award -- 10th man award for BBCue?

The Valley does include Utility players in its awards but if BB is still hitting anywhere near .600 at the end of the year, I think he would have a shot at Valley Player of the Year.

Comment

Lineup

Today's Eagle says that with Mckeever's injury, Springer is likely to take his place at 1st base with Coy also available there, and that Cody Lashley will then become the DH. As for Bascue, the platooning approach with Bennett seems to be working very well, so why mess with it?

Comment

Working...
          X