Another Gillaspie in the pipeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Gillaspie in the pipeline

I may try to catch Conor's younger brother this year and over the next couple. My guess is that if he continues to tear up the diamond as he has so far this year, Nebraska won't let this one slip through their fingers as easily.

I wouldn't bank on the Nebraska program draw in the future. Their program's performance has seen a downturn that has nearly mirrored our own over the past two seasons. You could make an argument that they're actually trending downward worse than we are. Just this evening they had to score 10 unanswered runs to beat freaking North Dakota, to improve to 13-11. They finished dead last in the B12 last season.

Comment

fans arent happy with anderson at NU. they were questioning if he was on the hot seat before the season began. osborne might be the only thing keeping his job.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, even as a Nebraska native I cannot STAND the Nebraska baseball program and that is due in large part to the existence of Mike Anderson. The guy has been around since the John Sanders days (pre-VanHorn) and how he's managed that after the University has endured 3 AD changes in less than 10 years is beyond me. The program became incrementally less competitive and successful as the VanHorn recruits exited the program, and continues its downward spiral. It's actually quite humorous.

Perhaps I should rephrase my initial comment to say that NU will likely not wait until the last minute to recruit a potential in-state superstar like they did last time with Conor. It wasn't until the Shocks showed some interest that NU came knocking.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum
          Don't get me wrong, even as a Nebraska native I cannot STAND the Nebraska baseball program and that is due in large part to the existence of Mike Anderson. The guy has been around since the John Sanders days (pre-VanHorn) and how he's managed that after the University has endured 3 AD changes in less than 10 years is beyond me. The program became incrementally less competitive and successful as the VanHorn recruits exited the program, and continues its downward spiral. It's actually quite humorous.

Perhaps I should rephrase my initial comment to say that NU will likely not wait until the last minute to recruit a potential in-state superstar like they did last time with Conor. It wasn't until the Shocks showed some interest that NU came knocking.
          Hopefully Casey will want to follow his brother to WSU and ignore UNL.

It would be a nice way to get back at UNL for ignoring Conor.

Comment

Working...
          X