Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting Question

Baseball experts:
    Why are the Shox hitting so much better this year than last?
    Is it instruction, confidence, maturity, off season focus, poor pitching thus far, indoor training facility, new training equipment, or a combination of all of the above?

I'm getting pretty psyched about the Shockers' ability to hit the ball.

The reason is fairly simple, the Shox have finally started listening to those of us that sit behind the plate in the green seats. For years we have been telling them what they need to do and it looks like they are FINALLY listening. Also you will notice the fielding seems a little sharper this year....yep same reason. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
      The reason is fairly simple, the Shox have finally started listening to those of us that sit behind the plate in the green seats. For years we have been telling them what they need to do and it looks like they are FINALLY listening. Also you will notice the fielding seems a little sharper this year....yep same reason. :good:

Per another thread...

GoShockers89 wrote:
      Can't express how fun it is to watch this year's offense after last season's crapfest. I am not sure if the improvement is mostly attributable to the new indoor practice practice facility, an unusually high level of dedication in the offseason or especially strong leadership from the upperclassmen. I like to think it is a little bit of all three.

JaminShock wrote:

Another BIG factor is the newcomers- Springer, Harbutz, Coy, Bennett, Goro, and Hall (who missed most of last year). All those guys have really contributed to the offense.
      ** aka Sunshine **

Comment

Re: Hitting Question

Originally posted by Veritas
        Baseball experts:
        Why are the Shox hitting so much better this year than last?
        Is it instruction, confidence, maturity, off season focus, poor pitching thus far, indoor training facility, new training equipment, or a combination of all of the above?

I'm getting pretty psyched about the Shockers' ability to hit the ball.
        I would say it's these things, in this order:

1. Incoming talent
        2. Improvement of guys who returned
        3. Ease of schedule
        4. Indoor facility

Comment

To make this quick/concise, IMHO you could easily contribute the increase productivity to the added talent..

Among many, many other things..
          "If you're not first, you're last"

Comment

Add to the list hitting is contagious. First, there are several players competing for playing time. Second, when somebody gets on base, the pitcher has a higher stress level (for lack of better word) & probability of making a "mistake" that the hitter can take advantage of. To illustrate the second point, I remember listening to an interview with Ryan Jones about hitting around Conor Gillaspie. Jones said something to the effect of he would look for a fastball when Gillaspie was on base.

I'm sure the incoming talent, indoor practice facility, off season, and drive to make sure last season isn't repeated are factors as well.

Comment

Working...
            X