No announcement yet.

Shox 5 vs. FGCU Eagles 3 -- Series Tied 1-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hall with a diving catch on the warning track. What a catch! Cooper with a 1,2,3 inning!

Brown now pitching for FGC.

Comment

Home run by Bascue!!!!!!!!
      ** aka Sunshine **

Comment

Deja vu

I certainly expect far better things this year than last, but this series so far has a distressing deja vu quality to it: the bullpen debacle yesterday, the extreme lack of productivity with men on today as the Shocks have pretty much extracted the minimum from their opportunities.

Let's hope they get this stuff out of their system early in the year. It will not lead to good things later on.

Comment

Springer with a sac fly to score Baez. Lassley with a triple. Shox lead 5-3. Bascue strikes out to end the inning :cry:

Comment

Cooper out, Johnson in.

Coop's stats from livestats:
            ip=8 | h=5 | r=3 | er=2 | bb=1 | so=7

Update: TJ McGreevy in, Johnson out after allowing a leadoff single. TJ gets a double play from the Shocker defense. Strikeout ends the game :yahoo:.

Comment

TJ McGreevey with a strong 9th inning coming in after the lead off single given up by Remington.

TJ looks like a guy we can rely on out of the pen.

Shocks win 5-3

Comment

Nice win for the Shocks. Get tomorrow's game and we can call the weekend a success.

Is TJ going to usurp the closer role? I say stay with the hot hand.

Comment

Looks like we won't have Justin Kemp this weekend. His hand was stepped on requiring stitches during batting practice. We need to stop the friendly fire injuring our own team :shock: .

Comment

Originally posted by WSU_Mom
                    Home run by Bascue!!!!!!!!
                    Man, I wish I could have been there for that. I really hope he gets more playing time this year.

gg shox

Comment

Great win. I wish Cooper didn't go 8 - does anybody know how many pitches he threw? But going 8 means Gene lacks confidence in the bullpen already?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                        Great win. I wish Cooper didn't go 8 - does anybody know how many pitches he threw? But going 8 means Gene lacks confidence in the bullpen already?
                        Cooper's pitch count was 100 exactly. It sure did look like Gene lacks confidence in the bullpen. He pulled Johnson almost immediately after allowing a leadoff single.

Comment

Bascue's shot was an absolute BOMB!!

Comment

The only thing that keep Bascue's home run from 21st street was the top of the score board. You are right a BOMB......
                            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by twister17e
                              Cooper's pitch count was 100 exactly. It sure did look like Gene lacks confidence in the bullpen. He pulled Johnson almost immediately after allowing a leadoff single.
                              You're darn right he's low on confidence in the 'pen. Here's hoping guys like McGreevey take control.

I'm OK with 100 pitches for Coop -- 70 for strikes -- in start No. 2, but I wouldn't have gone any higher.

Good job taking advantage of their miscues, good clutch bomb by Bascue and nice job by Baez of manufacturing an insurance run in the seventh. Let's take the series tomorrow.

Comment

But going 8 means Gene lacks confidence in the bullpen already?
                                Do you have confidence in the pen?

Frankly I was shocked with Hoch being brought in this early in a meaningful game. Guys coming off arm surgery are high risk especially early in the season. My expectation is the best you can expect from Hoch and Fleming is that might be able to provide positive contributions late in the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X