Submit your Rosenblatt memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submit your Rosenblatt memories

With this year being Rosenblatt's last, you can imagine all the pomp and circumstance surrounding the stadium (some good and some bad) across the city. Since WSU has had its share of memories over the years at the 'Blatt, I wanted to share this story and the opportunity for Shocker fans to submit stories and photos for a chance to have them published in a new book about the stadium's storied history.

If you own photographs of the stadium, or any of the events that took place there, we'd like to see them and possibly select them to appear in the Rosenblatt book.

If you have pictures you believe that we'd be interested in, you can present them to us three ways by Feb. 26:

• Bring them to the front desk in The World-Herald lobby, 1314 Douglas St. We will file them with your name, address and phone number. If selected for the book, we'll call you for photo information. All photos would be available for pickup or would be returned by mail.
    • Mail photos to Omaha World Herald, %Rosenblatt book, 1314 Douglas St. suite 700, Omaha, NE 68102-1811.
    • E-mail photos along with contact information to Rosenblatt@owh.com.
    • For information on presenting photographs considered valuable or family heirlooms, call 402-444-1014 Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.

I don't have any photos or anything to share, but we've been to every CWS that WSU has been in except for 1982 (the first), although I have a t-shirt from the '82 CWS because my sister was a Golden Girl for that team.

Without doubt, the most vivid memory was the '91 game vs. sCUm when Jim Audley made "The Throw". Members of our group couldn't even get tickets together and were scattered around the stadium in mostly single seats. I was on the 3B side of home plate in the upper section. Watching the sCUm player steam around 3B and Audley coming up with the ball and throwing a laser to Mirabelli to preserve the 1-run lead was surreal. The whole thing was one of those moments that seemed to unfold in slow-motion.

I also have a fond memory of the '89 series semi-final round when we were sitting near a bunch of red-neck Florida State fans and there was this one toothless doofus who kept yelling "Seminole Rally" probably 1000 times during the game. The rallies kept falling short and the Shox dumped FSU twice.

It has been a long damn time since '96.

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

The '89 championship game and Brummett's fake to third and the pick off at first. It was early in the game and we were already behind. It was a killer for Texas. The Shocker Hellraisers were in full force at Rosenblatt.

Comment

Working...
      X