Rivals article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivals article

A pretty accurate but incomplete assessment, IMO.

There a couple of things the preview misses which I think will be crucial to '10 success.

1) Kentall Rogers lacks is enough knowledge of the program and/or the research skills to determine that contributions from several red-shirts or newcomers will be important. Hall, Hoch, and Fleming need to contribute at or above their previous levels or some newcomers need to pick-up the slack. Rogers mentions two relievers, and that won't be anywhere near enough for this team to improve greatly from '09. A bunch of guys were run out of town due to lack of production - the replacements need to hit the ground running.

2) The Shox need to shore up the defense BIG TIME. Defense up the middle, especially C, 2B, and SS, was far below Shocker standards in '09. With an anemic offense, gift runs need to be minimized.

There is a nucleus of servicible talent on the '10 Shox that needs to show improvement, along with contributions from several of the new guys. The bottom line is the same as always: Solid pitching, suspect offense.

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

In the comments section, it's apparent fredj has a sick obsession with WSU baseball.

Good programs bring out a lot of jealous and insecure hate. This guy is a perfect example.. so rock on Freddy.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
        In the comments section, it's apparent fredj has a sick obsession with WSU baseball.

Good programs bring out a lot of jealous and insecure hate. This guy is a perfect example.. so rock on Freddy.
        Clearly fredj was snubbed as a WSU recruit and he's bitter about it. He wants to ignore the Shox record in the 80's and 90's but had no problem bringing up past transgressions in the WSU program. Douchebag.

Who cares about him. The 2010 Shox should be a fun team to watch, expecially on the new field and with a good schedule. Improved hitting and defense are crucial. Certainly, the pre-season SoS looks good, now if the opponents only hold up their end of the deal ...

--'85.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Lets just win it all and tell fred where he can shove it!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I know this fred guy and I heard him telling a mutual friend one time that Stevenson had snubbed him and he was never going to forget it. It is quite a pathetic obsession he has and can't get over. Although we have not gone to the CWS in a long time there are many many baseball programs that would trade places with ours. Sorry fred, youll just have to suffer through more great years.

Comment

Another article looking at Missouri Valley

Comment

I look forward to calling out "fredj" by name, posting his picture, his resume, and completely ripping this 2 bit piece of crap into little tiny pieces.

Comment

Working...
                X