Media Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just dumb.

Let's reward Bradley or Evansville on 0-21 and 3-18 seasons by giving them passes to the tourney. Lame.

So what are they gonna do? Play 4 games a day in pool play? LOL!
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
      Originally posted by SB Shock
      I have heard a rumor that MVC is going to stay with pool play and will be going to 8 teams, 2 pools for MVC tournament in 2010.
      I have heard that rumor in the last couple of days as well.

That's really unfortunate.

Weak teams get a 3 game guarantee and I can see lower tier teams saving their "ace" to play the #1 team in their pool.

That could effectively deny the two #1's a shot at the championship round, and give the conference automatic bid to the 3rd place or lower team, potentially damaging the chances of the #1 and #2 conference finishers an NCAA tournament berth. I can't wait for the meaningless games leading to the pool finals.

That would suck, but third rate representative for a 3rd rate league is par for the course. Why change now?

--'85
      That is the intent of the MVC.

They want to create a situation where any team has a shot at going to the NCAA. A double elimination is "unfair" in their eyes because bad teams don't really have any legitimate chance of winning it (which generally means teams 3 through 8 ).

Comment

Only to those with accute myopia.

Comment

You got about $30-$50 million to pony up? Pie in the sky thinking on your part. In other words, naivete...

Comment

Hide & Watch

Comment

I'll be waiting and watching for a long time. I don't get why some people think football is a good idea right now. Don't get me wrong, I would love for it to happen, but it's just not a good idea financially right now.

Comment

It sounds like your ok with it .if the finances are avilable?Well, i'm inviting you for a beer after the first game!It will be sooner than we think!

Comment

Originally posted by shock49
                  It sounds like your ok with it .if the finances are avilable?Well, i'm inviting you for a beer after the first game!It will be sooner than we think!
                  I hope you're right, but I have my doubts. I think it is going to take alot more $ than people think.

Comment

Working...
                  X