seats at Eck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seats at Eck

Any chance WSU will get new seats for Eck Stadium too? The blue and green just really throws me off. Having only black and yellow seats and maybe some benches would make sense I think.
    it's up in the air

Re: seats at Eck

Originally posted by gamefan
    Any chance WSU will get new seats for Eck Stadium too? The blue and green just really throws me off. Having only black and yellow seats and maybe some benches would make sense I think.
    My guess would be NO; however I have always had the same question. Thought maybe Eby Construction found a K-Mart 'blue light' special.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Believe me, you don't want black seats. The blue get hot enough when the sun starts beating down on them, black would be unbearable.

Besides, getting new seats would be a ridiculous waste of money. I would like cup holders in our section (original 1B box seats), though. :D

--'85.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
        Believe me, you don't want black seats. The blue get hot enough when the sun starts beating down on them, black would be unbearable.

Besides, getting new seats would be a ridiculous waste of money. I would like cup holders in our section (original 1B box seats), though. :D

--'85.
        Where I sit black would not be a problem since my seats are pretty well protected by the overhead boxes. I was wondering....they have the guest services staff check tickets to keep the riff raff out of the box seats but when it starts to rain why don't the same staff keep the box seat holders out of the green and gold seats?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
          ....they have the guest services staff check tickets to keep the riff raff out of the box seats but when it starts to rain why don't the same staff keep the box seat holders out of the green and gold seats?
          Yellow.

I got the feeling that the seat nazi tactics were relaxed somewhat during the '09 season. I don't recall having my ticket checked even once entering our field box. I would bet this is the "kinder, gentler" Eric Sexton administration at work.

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think I remember that the blue seats came from Cessna Stadium. That true?

Comment

I was thinking they came from a Sea World or something used from Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by shockersince71
                I was thinking they came from a Sea World or something used from Florida?
                I believe that the blue seats were brand new. The "Sea World" seats were the old aluminum bleachers that used to be in the main part of Eck Stadium before the last big renovation in 2000.

Comment

I tell you what, if I win the Powerball, I will put a dome on the Eck.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    I tell you what, if I win the Powerball, I will put a dome on the Eck.
                    We don't want a dome, unless it's a retractable roof. See what you can do.

Comment

You know, we've got it pretty good at Eck. There's something for everybody: if you want to bring a cooler and grill, sit on the hill; if you want to be right in the action, buy some box seats; if you prefer a distant, shady view, sit in the grandstand; there's even space for those that like to stand and walk around a bit; not to mention the sky boxes and All America Club.

Comment

I miss the metal bleachers. Were a lot closer to the field and ypu could make some noise stomping. People now who sit in them have no clue about noise making.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                          I miss the metal bleachers. Were a lot closer to the field and ypu could make some noise stomping. People now who sit in them have no clue about noise making.
                          As I age, my back very much appreciates the back on the seats we have now. My back just can't take sitting on metal bleachers for nine innings. :wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3
                            Originally posted by SB Shock
                            As I age, my back very much appreciates the back on the seats we have now. My back just can't take sitting on metal bleachers for nine innings. :wsu_posters:

:D

Comment

Working...
                            X