Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Hege to play for the Shox next year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Hege to play for the Shox next year.

From the Eagle's NBC Notes today

Santa Barbara's Ryan Hege will play baseball at Wichita State this season. Hege, a catcher from Maize High, spent last season at Cowley College and will have three years of eligibility with the Shockers.

"What better than to play in your hometown," he said. "The coaches are awesome. I know a lot of guys on the team, so that will be cool to play for my hometown team."

The Angels twice drafted Hege, taking him in the 39th round in June. He went to Cowley with the intention of playing one season before moving on, either to the pros or a four-year school. While Hege said the Angels are still talking to him, he intends to play for the Shockers.

"I don't know if I'm ready yet (for the pros)," he said.

Hege hit .353 with a .424 on-base percentage, five home runs 16 doubles and 33 RBI for Cowley last spring.

——————————————————————

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Ryan Hege

I heard he was coming to WSU earlier this summer, but this was the first "official press release". I was hesitant to say anything as this was not public knowledge. He will definitely add depth to the catcher position and has been a good hitter int he past.

Comment

Hege is one of the streakiest hitters I have seen. When he gets on a roll, watch out. He could easily make a pitcher pay for his mistakes. And I might add that he has an absolute cannon.
      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Did he catch Garret Gould when he was a Senior at Maize? Is this a one for two deal?
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Yes, he caught Garrett during his (Garrett's) junior year. Some his sophomore year I believe as well.
          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Working...
          X