Andy Dirks might get a shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Dirks might get a shot

Saw this on goshockers twitter, thought i would share.

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

He's probably one of my all-time favorite Shockers.

Comment

Yep, I love the way Dirks plays the game. I just wish we would have had him for more than two years. He's a heck of a player and hopefully he gets a shot and takes advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
        Yep. Probably understating this a bit, but you could always.........ALWAYS.......count on him to come through in a clutch situation.

Whatever the Shocks needed.........leadoff batter reaching, RBI, long ball, even a sparkling outfield play......Andy would provide it.

Comment

He is by far the best all around player we have had here in some time. Its no surprise to me that he may well be the first to get called up from that class. I would have drafted him in a heartbeat before Conner and that's saying something. They really got a steal with Dirks, drafting him where they did. Kid can flat play. I hope he gets the call because he can make it at that level. He is also the kind of kid that would take maximum advantage of such an opportunity I think.

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
            Originally posted by vbird53
            Yep. Probably understating this a bit, but you could always.........ALWAYS.......count on him to come through in a clutch situation.

Whatever the Shocks needed.........leadoff batter reaching, RBI, long ball, even a sparkling outfield play......Andy would provide it.
            Not to mention his clubhouse leadership skills. IIRC Gene made a comment something to the effect that he possessed the greatest leadsership skills he's ever witnessed in a player.

Comment

Good news for Andy. I hope he gets his shot. A great shocker ball player.
              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Being 'a baseball player' is a huge compliment to a player because that means whatever the team needs, that player provides it.

Dirks deserves a 'chance' to show his stuff in the big game.

Comment

Working...
                X