Article about Eric Wedge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article about Eric Wedge

The link below is to an article in the Philly newspaper today about Eric Wedge. It's a nice article about his career in general . . and as a manager. It also mentions college career.

so who thinks Wedgie will call for one in Manny's ear hole for posing after that home run Tuesday night?

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
      so who thinks Wedgie will call for one in Manny's ear hole for posing after that home run Tuesday night?
      Everybody (here and in Boston). ;-)
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Not in the playoffs. this is the time to realize, there is always next year. Start throwing at him in spring training and don't stop :)

that is how you answer that bush-league crap he pulled.

Don't retaliate when it can hurt you, do it when it can only hurt him :)

Comment

Did you all get a load of what Manny did tonight? Hit one that bounced off the top of the wall in right center and back into the field of play. It was ruled to not be a home run. Because Manny Cadillaced it to first base, that's all the further he got. It was a 390' single.

I was OK with Ramirez, thought he was "colorful" and a hell of a hitter. But this really leaves a sour taste in my mouth. The game is tied, his team is down 3 games to 1 and facing elimination and he's showboating? RUN Dummy!

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
            Did you all get a load of what Manny did tonight? Hit one that bounced off the top of the wall in right center and back into the field of play. It was ruled to not be a home run. Because Manny Cadillaced it to first base, that's all the further he got. It was a 390' single.

I was OK with Ramirez, thought he was "colorful" and a hell of a hitter. But this really leaves a sour taste in my mouth. The game is tied, his team is down 3 games to 1 and facing elimination and he's showboating? RUN Dummy!
            You obviously didn't know ManRam before yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
              Originally posted by haysdb

You obviously didn't know ManRam before yesterday.
              So this was just "Manny being Manny?"

Comment

Does anybody else get sick of the whole "Manny being Manny" BS. I don't think Manny could play for Eric Wedge. I mean he is an amazing hitter and I guess you can put up with some stuff when he rakes like he does, but it gets a little old and I don't think Wedge would be able to put up with it. He got rid of Milton Bradley for not running hard, so I don't think he would put up with all of Manny's antics. I guess if he plays for your team you overlook it, but not being a fan of Boston his antics are tired. But man can he hit.
                THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

I’m not a fan of Manny. He’s your textbook modern day spoiled athlete. Red Sox fans don’t give a damn about anything other than him consistently leading the league in RBIs. I’m surprised no one has mentioned his quote earlier in the week in which he said (paraphrasing) in regards to being down 3-1, “who cares…there’s always next season.”

Comment

He collects his paycheck either way.

Comment

Guys like that are an abomination to the game.

Comment

I have more of a problem with his little HR antics than the quote. TO be honest I didn't think the quote was all that bad. He basically said we are going to give it our all, and if that doesn't get it done, at least we tried. THe quote was blown WAY out of proportion by the media, which is typical. Having said that , I think ManRam needs a couple of shots to the earhole. I find it ironic that Beckett got all peeved at Lofton "flipping" his bat after he was walked the other day when Manny is the epitome of show boating.

Comment

If I was a Boston fan that quote would have pissed me off, mainly the part: who cares. I know some people who care....the people who pay your salary.

Comment

I am a huge Boston fan... that being said i am sure that comment did tick some fans off but not the majority of the Red Sox Nation. If you are apart of the Nation you know what to expect from Manny. His is a great hitter (2nd best in the league behind A-Rod) and a clubhouse/local favorite. He also makes bone head plays and doesnt hustle as much as he should. But you must take the good with the bad... he may not get much respect outside of the Nation but he doesnt care... and neither do we :) The more people and fans get on the better he plays. So keep saying he is bad for the game or whatever and we'll see you in the Series.

my opinion he is good for the game... he has a positive impact on the young players in the clubhouse and with the help of papi they create a great atmosphere to play in. he studies hours of pitching film so when he goes into an atbat he knows what to expect and the results speak for themselves.
                            Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Also since this thread is about Wedge... i think he has done a great job in cleveland and hope he has a great career... except for the game tonight. Also i wanna give big props to Casey "at the plate" Blake... people are now seeing what a great all around baseball player this guy is
                              Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Working...
                              X