Pechek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pechek

Anybody see this interesting tidbit from the eagle this morning?

Former Shocker catcher Tony Pecheck is a junior on Creighton baseball's team. Pecheck spent his freshman season at WSU and then transferred to Central Arizona College.

Re: Pechek

Originally posted by ShockCity
    Anybody see this interesting tidbit from the eagle this morning?

Former Shocker catcher Tony Pecheck is a junior on Creighton baseball's team. Pecheck spent his freshman season at WSU and then transferred to Central Arizona College.
    A 5th year junior? Don't hear of that very often.... I wonder if he'll transfer so he can be a 7th year senior.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

5th year?? He was at WSU for the 2006 season, at Central Arizona for the 2007 season, and will be at Creighton for the 2008 season. By my count that's three years. He hasn't had to sit out a year anywhere along the line.

Comment

Hays is right, he is only a third year junior. He would still only be a junior if he was here.

Comment

He arrived one year after Tyler Weber.

Comment

Tony came in two years ago when we were looking for our "catcher of the future" behind BHall. At the time alot of people around the program didn't think Weber was going to be that good of a player for us (remember Shermerhorn at C during fall ball?). I think Tony thought that the position was his but the coaches thought differently.

I wish Tony the best of luck the next couple of years (of course not when CU plays us). He was one of the players I talked with the most during that season and seemed like a decent enough kid, but was a bit of a loose cannon (think Tweeder from Varsity Blues).

Comment

Working...
            X