Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supers...some interesting match ups

LSU/Rice...
    I really like the pairing of these traditional powers. Played at Box, this should be fun to watch for baseball fans. LSU doesn't seem to have the number of long ball sluggers this year that they have had in some years. I think Rice may be the one to come out.

Louisville/Cal State Fullerton
    I am not sure that I will spend much time with this series. Cal State is always entertaining with their base stealing. This could be a pitcher's duel kind of series. I am not familiar with Louisville. I will pull for Cal State Fullerton.

FSU/Arkansas
    This should be a fun to watch ACC/SEC match up...both clubs are hot and hitting well. Arkansas maybe has the edge in pitching...Of course, I am cheering for FSU.

Southern Miss/Florida
    I can't bring myself to believe that Southern will be able to hang with the Gators. I know the Golden Eagles have been playing very well, but I think the Gators take this series without too much of a problem.

ECU/NC
    This series will tell us about ECU. They, along with Rice, have been the top of CUSA the last few years. My natural tendency is to believe that NC will prevail with their pitching (I know the team better than I do ECU) but ECU did beat NC earlier this year. If the Pirates pitching holds up, this will be a close series.

Clemson/ASU
    Tough draw for Clemson. I do not see them advancing. ASU has pitching, has hitting and is a better team overall. I will be interested to see how these teams match up...but Clemson should be going home.

Texas/TCU
    I like these matches of regional powers. I think that you will see more pitching duels and small ball strategy in this series than in most of the others save Cal State's..I could be wrong, though, since both clubs can hit for power. I don't know who to take to come out of this regional.

Ole Miss/Virginia
    Virginia is pretty good and Ole Miss has the host advantage (and a great facility). They should match up well. If Virginia can win the first game, they have an excellent chance. Losing the first game to a host, statistically speaking, has meant the end of the road. I think that Virginia can overcome the host advantage (hosts win 78% of series).

My picks:

LSU
    Fullerton
    Arkansas
    Florida
    ECU
    Arizona St.
    Texas
    Virginia

When I make picks, I'm usually about 50/50, so it could as easily just go the complete opposite way, and I would not be surprised.

Comment

Go Razorbacks!!!
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yeah...I'd cheer for the razorbacks too, if they weren't playing my team.

Good fans, a lot of fun....a lot like Georgia fans, who we had a ball with...heck, we stood with the Dawg fans and gave Georgia's pitcher a standing ovation when he came out since good baseball is appreciated.

The Razorbacks should give the Noles all that they want.

Comment

Go Fullerton, East Carolina, and Southern Miss!! Woohoo!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
            You forgot Rice. :good:
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
              Originally posted by ShockCity
              You forgot Rice. :good:
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
              X