Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Norris-what could have been

Sounds like his career is taking off:

This guy came out of nowhere. Nationals' fans knew of Chris Marrero and Michael Burgess and Jack McGeary and Craig Stammen, but they had never heard of Derek Norris...

Ive talked to his dad some since and hes been up there to see him. He said he had to adjust to the pitching because he felt he was just a step behind all of the pitchers but he is doing well now. To bad he didnt come and wear the black and gold
    ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Too bad

If that's what he's doing against pro pitching now, he probably cost himself a million dollars or so by not spending three years at WSU.

Maybe he'll make it up in the long run by starting his pro career sooner, but in the short(er) run his bank account would probably have been a lot fatter had he waited. Too bad for him, and even more so for WSU, that he didn't stick around.

Comment

Nice photo, looks just like my original. But my name isn't league lineup?? Hummm :cry:

Comment

Update:

The Nats have a powerful young catcher in Single A. Derek Norris has already clubbed 20 homers, one for every year he's been alive.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
            Update:

The Nats have a powerful young catcher in Single A.
            If he's not in AA, then he's not a prospect for the team yet.

Comment

Having Bob Boone visit and convince him to sign cost him at least $600K. The Norris's need to take him off their Christmas card list.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                Update:

I disagree. If you're in high A ball you can be considered a pretty decent prospect.

Comment

There was a discussion on Sports Daily the other day and I think that they said that WSU was the equivalent of low or high A ball. Additinally, Hooper in a interview not long ago that the Wingnuts were equivalent or close to AA ball.

Comment

A and High A ball have good prospects. As far as the WingNuts...99% of that league's players are past thier prime.

Comment

I watch strikeout to at bat ratios. Seems like a lot of dudes can hit .300 + in triple A and never do squat in the bigs.

I figure if you are striking out once every 3 times in the minors you are going to do it even more in the majors plus the balls you do hit arn't going to be sqaured up as much as in the minors.

just my two cents on anybody in the minors.

Comment

Why beat a dead horse?
                        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
                          Originally posted by SB Shock
                          Update:

I disagree. If you're in high A ball you can be considered a pretty decent prospect.
                          I disagree. I have been told that the true MLB prospects reside in AA.

This is his 3rd year and he is still in A Ball. That is hardly the fast track. All his numbers this year means is that he's acclimated to A-Ball competition. I'm sure his effort to this point in the season has gotten the MLB club interest. Now if he moves up to AA and does the same thing then I think he will get a shot. The Washington Nationals also drafted another catcher in '98 (Adrian Nieto) who is in the rookie league and by some is rated higher than Norris. Here are what other have to say:

There's an awful lot to like about Norris' bat, and the 20-year-old is off to a .270/.374/.539 start in 89 at-bats for Hagerstown. He's going to have a difficult time lasting behind the plate, but he might be strong enough offensively to make it as a first baseman or corner outfielder.
                          It does make you wonder if going and spending 3 years in Rookie and A ball was really better than going to WSU for 3 years

Comment

Norris

I think it's safe to say that not only is Norris a prospect, but he's an extremely high one at this point. He was just named one of Baseball America's top 50 prospects.

Comment

Working...
                            X