WSU vs SIU: Ain't gonna happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs SIU: Ain't gonna happen

CARBONDALE, Ill.-- The Shockers' final Missouri Valley Conference road series against Southern Illinois was canceled after extreme winds caused damage to?Martin Field.

Canceled

bummer
    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

The silver lining to these clouds is that we will still be a .500 ballclub after this weekend.

Comment

I think SIU was beatable though..

Pretty unbelievable.

At best, we are playing 18 conference games this year. Wow.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I may start calling this the lost season.

Comment

I know most people are down and frustrated, but even the most "half empty" viewpoint has to think we would have won most if not all of BU, BU, UNI, SIU, SIU, SIU.

Taking 5 of 6 (not out of the question at all) would put us at 13-8 in the conference. Not what we're used to, but it wouldn't feel as bad as what now seems to be likely a .500 or less record.

Comment

Yea, it is very frustrating that the teams that this year's team can beat we don't get to even play.

Comment

But at least we didn't lose those lost games either. This was just a bad season all around.

Comment

It is kind of unbelievable how the baseball gawds have conspired against this team this year. This has been a year of firsts.....

All these games they have lost to weather were chances where they had better probability of building some confidence. Well, I guess this team should be well rested for the upcoming pod-play at the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                    It is kind of unbelievable how the baseball gawds have conspired against this team this year. This has been a year of firsts.....

All these games they have lost to weather were chances where they had better probability of building some confidence. Well, I guess this team should be well rested for the upcoming pod-play at the end of the month.
                    I just hope it helps*

* Actually I'm not sure if I am that interested in seeing them play past the MVC tourney.

Comment

Working...
                    X