Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by William
    so this is what it feels like to be a cubs fan.
    80-something years vs. 1-year?

Uh, no. Try again.
    The feeling of nothing going right for your team has nothing to do with years.

Fever why don't you just ignore my posts like everybody else.
    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Everyone involved in the ORU program must certainly feel a total sense of ownership over WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by William
        Originally posted by ShockerFever

Uh, no. Try again.

Because I think ignoring is a gay cop-out.

No need to get defensive when I made a valid point.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever

Uh, no. Try again.

As an openly gay shocker fan I take offense at your comments and think it is inappropriate for you to use gay as a negative slur on this board.

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Travis Bennett

Well, so much for that. Good heavens. I'm glad I'm not Mike Kennedy having to watch and describe this.

Meanwhile, for those trying to help keep the UNI baseball program alive, keep in mind that Travis Bennett, in whom WSU appears to have some interest for one year, is currently hitting .347 with an OPS (on base plus slugging pct) of .924, which (a) is very good and (b) would put him second on the current Shocker roster behind only McKeever's .962 entering tonight's game.

By contrast, among the current Shocker outfielders, only Taylor Brown, who plays there partly because he can't be trusted defensively in the infield (and is lifted routinely for late inning defense anyway) is over .800 in OPS. The mostly local rogues gallery Gene uses otherwise includes Jones and Bascue at under .700, and Caster at under .600 (!). And Letourneau is under .500 (!!).

In other words, Jones and Bascue have yet to establish themselves as better than replacement value D-1 outfielders -- and they probably would have done so by now if they were going to. (Bascue might deserve a bit of slack because of his frequent injuries, but Jones has stepped down exactly when he was needed to step up.) Caster's future is almost surely on the mound if anywhere. And Letourneau, while young, has yet to show much promise. They may be athletic, and they may look like ballplayers, but they don't play like them.

So bring on Travis Bennett -- think he might have helped a bit tonight? Don't we wish he had batted in the 11th inning that Jones and Bascue combined to kill all by themselves?

And yes, for those who feel compelled to point at Gene, let me add that I was wishing for a squeeze play myself, preferably with Jones up. But it still would be nice if someone playing a power position (e.g., outfield) could get the ball in the air when doing so would win the game.

Comment

• Royals win in the 11th inning 8-7 in a come from behind effort!!!!!!

Comment

• Royals win in 11. It's like bizzaro baseball season.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• well, the Shockers choke another one off. A great chance to get a good mid-week win and maybe gain a little confidence back, and they can't get it done. I will be so glad when the Shockers lose their games in the Valley tournament and this nightmare of a season comes to an end. I sure hope that a year of experience will get these guys back to playing Shocker baseball next year. I'm thinking a complete overhaul of the entire team is going to be needed. Find out who really wants to be here and who doesn't. And that includes the coaches too. Let's get this thing figured out and have a comeback season next year!

Comment

• 43 unearned runs allowed this season.Almost 1 a game.

Comment

As an openly gay shocker fan I take offense at your comments and think it is inappropriate for you to use gay as a negative slur on this board.
                      What is your size and phone #?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
                        What is your size and phone #?
                        I'm quite small, and the # is unlisted.

You can call me Bill

Comment

• just checked the box score, and saw the home plate umpire that people were throwing a fit about is Greg Harmon. This is one of the best umpires around the area, and I have no doubt that he called a good game. Unfortunately, when you have 20 million umpires in the stands that think they can see the pitch better than the umpire that is right there on the field and has a good look, you're gonna get people whining and complaining for no reason. Let's just call it what it is, the Shockers are a joke this season, and the fans are hoping to get some help from the umpires, especially in this midweek home games where the umpires are usually local. Then the fans cry when we don't. Face it folks, it ain't gonna happen. This season is a waste, this team underachieved, and the fans have to put the blame on somebody. we know they won't put it on Gene, although he deserves a good part of it. So who better to put it on than the umpires who have nothing to do with who wins or loses a game. Typical.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                            I will be so glad when the Shockers lose their games in the Valley tournament
                            As always by you, I think that was a tad extreme.

I want this horrid season to end too but if we can get lucky for a weekend and make the NCAA's it will wipe out a lot of frustration that's been going on throughout the year.

And not to mention how big of an overachievement that would be.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Uh, no. Try again.

I apologize.

Substitute fudge-packer in for gay.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shockerfever, I'm sure the Shox will find a way to win 1 game in the tournament, but with the way it is set up that the top team from each pool advances to the championship, it would almost force the Shox to go 3-0, or at least 2-1. As inconsistent as they've been all year, I just don't see it happening. At this point, anything is possible. They could get hot and go on a nice winning streak and win the valley tournament and squeeze into a regional, or they could lose the rest of their games without so much as even a bang. I have to disagree that it would be an overachievement though. As weak as the Valley is in baseball, and with the history that the Shockers have, to me, anything less than winning the Valley is a dissapointment. I'm talking either the valley regular season or valley tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X