Matt Baty to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Baty to WSU

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Rectifying a baseball recruiting oversight, perhaps?

Too late to help on the diamond now, unfortunately, but who knows -- maybe it will help in some subtle way with some Wichita guys in the future who might otherwise go astray and head northeast.

I believe he was recruited by the Shocks but chose to go northeast. The last time we hired someone from the princeton of the plains it did not bode well for us that time. Gary someone.

Comment

In High school Matt Batty played summer ball for the Wolverines. He was the one off that team the Shocks wanted.

Is Gary Hunter the one from POTP that you are thinking of? At least when he left he took Darlene Bailey with him. Mark Turgeon was more recent.

Good luck to Matt.

Comment

Thats him, and my bad about Turgeon I just forgot to classify him in that group.

Comment

IIRC Matt Baty did not play summer ball with the Wolverines. He played with a team called the "Gamecocks" which was part of Mark Standifords Academy. They were the equivalent of the current Sluggers groups. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieBallgame
            IIRC Matt Baty did not play summer ball with the Wolverines. He played with a team called the "Gamecocks" which was part of Mark Standifords Academy. They were the equivalent of the current Sluggers groups. :good:
            You're right on it, Johnnie. Matt's a good friend of mine, and great guy. WSU got a good one. I'm sorry to see him leave KU, but he's going to be a nice asset to WSU athletics.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Can he be our new hitting coach?

Comment

He can be our "hard-nosed, respect the game, you better give it all you got all the time at both practice and game coach". I don't know that I have ever seen a player go any harder more consistently than Matt Baty did. That kind of toughness is what turns programs around.

Comment

Working...
                X