Brent Kemnitz Show - BAD NEWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brent Kemnitz Show - BAD NEWS

Grant Muncrief still having arm trouble. They don't know what is going on but Brent was quite concerned that it was still bothering him and he seemed mentally to be prepared for the worst (a season ending injury).

:(

Well bugger.

Comment

In his pre-game show Gene re-iterated that Grant is probably lost for the season.

Gene said it looks like Grant will have season ending surgery in the near future.

:cry:

Comment

Is it just me or do we have more than our share of injuries on our pitching staff? Anybody keep national stats on that?

Comment

Pitchers

Havling lived in the Phoenix, AZ, area for years before moving here & observing pitching injuries at the pro level with the AZ Diamondbacks, I don't think WSU is having more than their share of injuries. It does seem to go in cycles though & WSU isn't having more than their share this year with Tyler Fleming, Logan Hoch & now Grant Muntcrief all out for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax
            Is it just me or do we have more than our share of injuries on our pitching staff? Anybody keep national stats on that?
            It is just you. Remember shoxlax, whenever YOU ask the question "is it just me..." or "Am I the only one..." the answer is ALWAYS yes. ALWAYS.

Comment

It's just you Ex-Lax! :D
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Looking at WSU PAP (Pitcher abuse points) Scores by year

2008 - 196,143 (ranked 41st in the nation)
                2007 - 47,447 (ranked 181st in the nation)
                2006 - 20,595 (ranked 260th in the nation)
                2005 - 73,905
                2004 -118,611
                2003 - 40,301
                2002 - 32,887

In general WSU PAP is low for most years except for 2.

WSU high PAP in 2008 was because Gene rode Shafer, Capra and Musgrave since there was no effective pitchers after them. The other high year was 2004 was with Pelfrey and Johnson.

So I would say the data says that pitching injuries WSU pitching staff is encountering is likely due fatigue put on these pitchers before they got to WSU.

Now if Capra, Shafer, Musgrave or Pelfrey come up with arm problems - then some of the blame would fall at WSU feet.

Comment

Working...
                X