Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Cooper

Recruits convince Cooper to pick WSU

Wichita State coaches received plenty of help recruiting Topeka pitcher Jordan Cooper.

Cooper played for the Wichita Sluggers last summer with three players orally committed to WSU. He played on an Area Code Games team with four more future Shockers.

"They were all calling me, texting me, telling me to come be a part of something because we're going to be good," Cooper said.

throws low to mid 90's already, i doubt if wsu ever sees this one.

Comment

But I like his statements already that it will take something special for him to go pro. Scouts and GMs don't like to hear those things.

All it took was a rumor for Pelfrey to fall to the 15th round.

Comment

I don't hear the same concerns/desires that I did with the kids we lost last season.

Might he go pro? Of course, but from what I can glean, we have a much better chance of this kid suiting up next fall than we did of any of the 3 lost this summer.

People will call me crazy, but I believe we are on the cusp of another great run in the baseball program.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Doc: I think you're right. :wsu_posters:
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            People will call me crazy, but I believe we are on the cusp of another great run in the baseball program.
            Oh, you're not crazy, I think you're right on.

Comment

I agree. Anytime you get a group of recruits doing their own recruiting so that they can "do something special", you've got a pretty good chance of going somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                But I like his statements already that it will take something special for him to go pro. Scouts and GMs don't like to hear those things.

All it took was a rumor for Pelfrey to fall to the 15th round.

It certainly wouldn't hurt our chances if he could partner up with Boras as his "advisor"

Comment

Sounds like he might be in the regular rotation if he throws that fast already.
                  How many pitches does he have? Slider, Curve, Dropball, Spitball (just kidding)?

Do any pitchers anymore throw inside curves in lieu of the commonly thrown outside curveball?

Comment

Pelfrey also fell because his fast ball slowed his SR year of HS throughout most of the season.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Looking at the group they have signed, I noticed there are 2 catchers in there. Who is our current backup, and will he still be around next year?

This has got to be one of the best recruiting classes in the country. I'm gonna enjoy seeing them play together for the next 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                        Looking at the group they have signed, I noticed there are 2 catchers in there. Who is our current backup, and will he still be around next year?

This has got to be one of the best recruiting classes in the country. I'm gonna enjoy seeing them play together for the next 3 years.
                        Right now it looks like Cody Lassley, a redshirt sophomore, will be our back up catcher this year.

Cody is not real big, but he is very versatile and runs well. He is a very scrappy player also. A good utility player. The kind of guy you need on your team. If I may, maybe a little bit like Craig Biggio.

Comment

Also I think Justin Kemp can catch as a freshman. He'd be the bullpen catch I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                            Also I think Justin Kemp can catch as a freshman. He'd be the bullpen catch I guess.
                            Justin has the unusual combo of being a Pitcher and a Catcher (although not at the same time ;-) ).

He looked pretty solid on the mound last night. Not sure that we will see him mutch behind the plate due to the high risk of injury at that position.
                            Especially, if he continues to pitch like he did last night.

IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              Originally posted by shocker22
                              Justin has the unusual combo of being a Pitcher and a Catcher (although not at the same time ;-) ).
                              If we can find a player who can pitch and catch at the same time, the stolen base record is history. :lol:
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                              X