Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker85
    Originally posted by Denny Crane
    Didn't Sossaman play infield in high school as well?
    Probably (I don't know for sure). He did play some 2B Tuesday.

He played shortstop in high school. He looked good turning that dble. play in game 1.

Comment

• Baez has work to do at second. Brown isnt an ideal 2nd either but he is the best we have at the moment. I watched Baez make all the plays at second this fall and I know he is capable. Not sure what his deal is but he better get it figured out and fast if he wants a job at second and not as dh. He isnt going to get many more chances they way hes going right now.

Baez should not come out of the line up. Anyone who thinks he isn't good at the plate has not watched the kid swing it. His approach is fine at the plate. Problem is that Gene for some reason is using him as the lead off guy instead of the 3 hole like he should imo. He is aggressive at the plate and likes to swing at the good pitches he gets unlike some of the younger kids that will watch pitches they shouldn't. He is not a one hole hitter. He is a 3,4,5 hole hitter for several reasons. Baez gets the good pitch and clubs it and doesn't wait for something better. Baez makes good consistent contact and that's what you want when getting that one good pitch to turn on out of clean up guys.

This team needs to manufacture runs and if Gene wont bunt runners over then you need Grimes and Jones in the 1 and 2 holes to get on and steal. Then you have guys like Baez and O'Brien that have the pop to get the ball to the outfield so they can tag up and manufacture runs. I think it would benifit the guys if Gene would settle on a line up for a while and let them get comfortable. Gene has always liked to tweak and change lineups though so I doubt that will change. It sure helps kids if they can get comfortable in their roles though.

The approach to hitting lead off is very different than your 4 hole for example. I think its hard to be a clean up hitter that's expected to be aggressive at the plate one day and be a lead off or base setter the next and be expected to be disciplined and look at a lot of pitches, try to draw walks.

Comment

• Ebby Calvin Nuke LaLoosh
        "A good friend of mine used to say, This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. Think about that for a while."
        THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Working...
        X