Illinois State 4-4
    Indiana State 9-5
    Missouri State 4-7
    Bradley 3-6

Wichita State 6-5

Lookin AWESOME.
    :wacko: :(
    veni, vidi, vici

This is good news, that gives us a better chance to win the whole damn thing.

Comment

Re: MVC march 10th

Records look almost as bad as RPI and SoS for the Valley teams.

Code:
      Missouri Valley Conference
      As of 3/10/09
      from [url]www.WarrenNolan.com[/url]

Team                    W-L    RPI   SoS
      ----------------------  ---    ---   ---
      Creighton               3-9    218   153
      Southern Illinois       4-9    226   193
      Northern Iowa           6-6     40    27
      Evansville              3-8    229   185
      Illinois State          4-4    165   194
      Indiana State           9-5     68   111
      Missouri State          4-7    154    89
      Bradley                 3-6    268   263
      Wichita State           6-5    106   118
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

True fact: Last year Fresno State was 28-24, 52 games into the season.

Comment

true fact: Fresno had soooo many injuries throughout the season. they were at their healthiest at the end.
          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
            True fact: You really reach a lot.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

True fact # 2: Oregon State Beavers were 10-14 in conference the prior season (2 years ago). They won the CWS.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                Thats just a fact I presented. I'm not sure how a fact can be reaching but whatever. Perhaps you would care to explain what you mean when you say I reach a lot... Particularly when I'm stating a hard fact. Something that is a fact is more or less by definition not a reach.

Comment

Thats just a fact I presented. I'm not sure how a fact can be reaching but whatever. Perhaps you would care to explain what you mean when you say I reach a lot... Particularly when I'm stating a hard fact. Something that is a fact is more or less by definition not a reach.
                  What SF meane is that you're one of the hard-core, never-say-die Shox baseball fans and are reaching for something to give you hope that this season won't be a disaster. Offering facts that Fresno St. and Oregon St. had some sort of mediocre or bad record prior to CWS success is not germane to this thread, but it give you hope, therefore you're reaching.

Post away, my optimistic friend ...

--'85.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

TRUE FACT:

The schools who is dropping their baseball program next year has the lowest RPI in the valley--so far.

Comment

So you're saying there's a chance.
                      THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

All I'm saying is... its baseball people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                          What SF meane is that you're one of the hard-core, never-say-die Shox baseball fans and are reaching for something to give you hope that this season won't be a disaster. Offering facts that Fresno St. and Oregon St. had some sort of mediocre or bad record prior to CWS success is not germane to this thread, but it give you hope, therefore you're reaching.

--'85.
                          I follow your just, but the fact is I don't need "hope" the slightest. I believe in the program. That means the coaches, players, trainers, all of them. So we have lost a few games... Its baseball. Am I worried or trying to find hope... hell no I'm not. Just tossing some facts out for those that might be reaching to find something to ease their worries. And to more or less get at the fact that (yeah broken record time) its baseball folks.

Comment

--'85.
                            Thank you.

I think it's absolutely hilarious someone is actually comparing us to Oregon State or Fresno State.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

--'85.
                              Thank you.

I think it's absolutely hilarious someone is actually comparing us to Oregon State or Fresno State.
                              I'm not comparing WSU to Fresno or Oregon State. Why would I do that? I was simply tossing out numbers that might comfort those that are worried, nuggets for those that ARE grasping. Obviously I'm not concerned the least about the team or our record. It's more a statement about baseball in general. Losses aren't crippling like they are in basketball or football. Broken record time again... It's baseball folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X