Pelf caught up in the Stamford problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelf caught up in the Stamford problems

Saw this and wanted to pass along how widespread the Stamford issue is reaching

bummer. Oh by way the Thanks Mr. BOREASS

Aonther reason to HATE Scott Boras.

That sumbiatch has done as much to ruin professional baseball as the pushers and drug lords.

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
      Aonther reason to HATE Scott Boras.

That sumbiatch has done as much to ruin professional baseball as the pushers and drug lords.

--'85.

I agree.

Comment

99% of his money??? Holy Cow, nice diversification strategery.
        THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Unfortunately Mike should have known better to hire an actual money manager rather than let a sleezy sports agent take his money. Let Boras do what he does best and let someone else manage the dough.

Comment

They call them FUNDAMENTALS for a reason people...
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

It might sound mean, but I really don't feel sorry for these people. It's all about greed. I guess they don't know the saying "If it sounds too good to be true..."

Comment

I guess mike wasn't enrolled in any of the business or econ classes while he was here.

Damn shame, but the onus is on the investor to make sure his money is diversified. Even if Mike had a money manager, that manager may have still allowed him to put all of his eggs in that basket. Quite a few money managers in NYC did just that.

When it all shakes out, I wonder how much trouble Boras will be in for getting so many people involved and if he took on the role of a financial adviser / investor whatever in a not so legal way. When Ponzi schemes get busted there normally is trickle down punishment and it sounds like Boras was pretty high in the triangle.

Comment

I wasn't aware everyone on here was so smart when it comes to finances... Feel free to let me know if you can turn my 1000 dollar checking account into millions... in the mean time, I don't think you can really point the finger at Boras, think about it and you'll understand. Otherwisem, forget about it

Comment

Working...
                  X