Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chance Sossamon

On Kansas.com, but didn't see it in the paper:

All he wanted -- Pitcher Chance Sossamon didn't need to take a recruiting visit to WSU, or any other school, to make his decision.

Sossamon, from Webb City, Mo., gave WSU an oral commitment after narrowing his list to WSU, Missouri State, Nebraska and Kansas State.

"I'm 100-percent sure," he said. "Coach (Gene) Stephenson came down and said all the right things. He made me believe I was good enough to play for them and that made me feel good."

Sossamon (6-foot-2, 170 pounds) is a right-hander who also plays the infield. His future is as a pitcher, which he confirmed last month when he made the all-tournament team at the invitation-only Area Code Games in Long Beach, Calif. He said his fastball consistently hits 88, and he has confidence in his curve.

Sossamon will take an official visit to WSU later this month. He is familiar with Eck Stadium after playing in summer tournaments in Wichita.

"It's a baseball school," he said. "Baseball is my love."

Sossamon was teammates with Jordan Cooper, a right-handed pitcher from Shawnee Heights, at the Area Codes Games. Cooper made a return trip to the Area Code Games and also made the all-tournament team.

"I'm trying to get him to go to Wichita State," Sossamon said. "I like him a lot. He's a great pitcher."

Hopefully hes related to Shannon and she attends all home games!!

Comment

I'd definitely make it to more games if that were the case ASM.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
      X