#1 Pick next year might be a Kansan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Pick next year might be a Kansan

Made 19 appearances, 13 of which were starts, as a freshman for Mizzou ... turned in best outing in the final start of the season at the NCAA Regional ... followed Rick Zagone's complete game win in the Regional with a one-run, six-hit complete game win over Pepperdine to keep the Tigers alive in the Malibu Regional ... the win was the first for Crow, who had been the hard-luck loser in several starts during the season ...he struck out seven in his first career start, allowing just two runs in six innings, but took a no decision against Kennesaw State ... struck out six in 5.1 innings on the mound against Ohio State, but took a loss ... went eight innings against UW-Milwaukee, striking out five, but fell to 0-2 on the year ... went at least five innings in four starts in Big 12 Conference play ... was third on the team with 77.2 innings pitched and 60 strikeouts.

High School
    Was an All-State selection as a senior at Washburn Rural High School in Topeka, Kan. ... also named the All-Centennial League team in his junior and senior seasons ... was 4-2 with a 1.71 ERA as a senior with 53 strikeouts ... was on the Honor Roll.

Personal
    Born November 11, 1986 in Topeka, Kan. ... son of Kevin and Julie Crow ... is enrolled as a business major at Mizzou ... brother, Travis, is a freshman pitcher for the Tigers this season.

How fast does he throw?

Comment

Were the shox recruitin him at all? Or were we close to getting him?

Comment

I guess I'm missing something. What am I supposed to be impressed by?
        followed Rick Zagone's complete game win in the Regional with a one-run, six-hit complete game win over Pepperdine to keep the Tigers alive in the Malibu Regional ... the win was the first for Crow

Comment

Reportedly his velocity jumped from 86 to a consistent 94 this summer.

Comment

Yeah John Manuel did a chat at BA yesterday and listed Aaron Crow as one of his top 5 pitchers in the country.

Comment

Ah, I thought this was about Jordan Cooper......

Comment

Charlie, you need something to do. Go check out the QB video on Pick

Comment

Crow's velocity was in the mid-90s this summer in Cape Cod. He was dominant on Friday nights in the Big XII last season. I don't think he will go number 1 or that close to it really, but I think he'll be in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                  X