No announcement yet.

Baez flashing leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very good question indeed. But it doesn't really matter where he went so much as why.

Comment

Originally posted by shox25
      Where did this Will Baez go???
      I didn't think to look at the date on this resurrected zombie thread. I was trying to remember when Baez ever showed good defense.

Comment

Clearly, Will hasn't performed well over the past two weeks or so. Maybe he's pressing ... I don't know.

What I do know is that he will continue to get chances because ...

• He has a knack for getting on base (.419 OBP, including 15 BB and 6 HBP).

• With Hall out for the season, he's our No. 2 stolen base threat after Jones.

• He still has power potential. The shot he hit off the left centerfield wall at TCU into a gale was pretty telling. He can drive the ball when he's on.

• Despite his recent troubles, his fielding percentage is still higher than both Grimes and Brown.

So, for those of you who were quick to trade JT Durley to Hutch Juco for a player to be named later, just remember: It's a long season, and Will is gonna be a big part of it.

Here's to hoping he can turn things around.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Isn't Will a junior. He's having a hard time adjusting to D1 play it seems. If the light does come on, it appears we can hope for one hell of a senior season from him.

His OBP is all fine and dandy, but he gets out while on base, making some of the most absurd baserunning blunders that it nulifies this OBP. So it is a wash.

Comment

His baserunning error today was pretty hard to take. I'm glad it turned out that we didn't need more runs but what an error!!

Baez was on second, another runner was on first and there was one out. The pitch dribbled out of the catcher's glove and Baez broke for third. When he looked at home plate and saw that the catcher had the ball, he froze between second and third; he might have had a chance if he had gone back to second quickly. After a moment (once the catcher threw to second), he broken for third, where he was tagged out. Gene must have lost a bunch of hair over that play; he looked pissed.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Baez

In the game yesterday, Baez was part of the 4 run rally in the 7th inning when he got hit by a pitch after being inserted as a pinch hitter. . Taylor Brown came up and hit a soft blooper just beyond the reach of the Dirtbag 2nd base. Will went from 1st to 3rd on the play because he correctly judged that the 2nd baseman wasn't going to make the catch.

On the other hand, in the game on Sat, he got picked off 1st in the 9th inning that pretty much quelled what could have been a winning rally. This play was undoubtedly the reason why he didn't start yesterday. He is obviously a very aggressive base runner who is still learning what he can get away with at the D1 level.

Comment

Ya, like it or not, thats how freshmen play. Be patient, this team will win some it shouldn't and lose some it shouldn't. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen
                  Ya, like it or not, thats how freshmen play. Be patient, this team will win some it shouldn't and lose some it shouldn't. Hang in there.
                  only he isnt a freshmen, hes a junior
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

My fault, didn't notice him in the line up last year. First year player at the D-1 level.

Comment

Two nice homeruns. One "how did that ground ball roll under his glove"?
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Hopefully a 2 for 4, 2 HR, 4 RBI performance will get him going.

Comment

Working...
                        X