Baez flashing leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baez flashing leather

KWCH had video of one of Will Baez' two sweet fielding plays last night. The other play was a one-step-and-elevate reaction play to spear a line drive.

He also went 4 for 6 with 4 runs and 4 RBIs, stole 3 bases and hit a jack.

He's ... um ... "nice."

Go to the link below and select Part 2 of the Oct. 7 newscast. The SWS highlights are about 40 seconds in.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Yeah the kid is a player isn't he! I haven't enjoyed watching a kid play out here like I have him so far since Hooper. Kid just brings it and plays hard. Everyone is gonna love this kid and for those of you that haven't made it out to watch these games need to if nothing else to see this kid get after it. Look folks all you need to get in is a can of food. Now that's a steal. After watching this kid play in 3 games now I always leave feeling like I should have brought more cans of food. I almost feel like I'm ripping someone off when I can see that kid go at it for a can of food.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
      Yeah the kid is a player isn't he! I haven't enjoyed watching a kid play out here like I have him so far since Hooper. Kid just brings it and plays hard. Everyone is gonna love this kid and for those of you that haven't made it out to watch these games need to if nothing else to see this kid get after it. Look folks all you need to get in is a can of food. Now that's a steal. After watching this kid play in 3 games now I always leave feeling like I should have brought more cans of food. I almost feel like I'm ripping someone off when I can see that kid go at it for a can of food.
      I usually stop by Dillons on my way to the games and buy 6 cans of food. Even that is a good deal AFAIC. Still that is strictly voluntary for a good cause.

What were your thoughts about the Game 3 pitching? The hitters, at least on paper, seemed to take over the game in Game 3.

Comment

Gotta love the Latin flare from way of Beantown. This kid is a scrapper and I predict will be the most exciting 2nd baseman in a Shocker uniform since Billy Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          I usually stop by Dillons on my way to the games and buy 6 cans of food. Even that is a good deal AFAIC. Still that is strictly voluntary for a good cause.

What were your thoughts about the Game 3 pitching? The hitters, at least on paper, seemed to take over the game in Game 3.
          Yeah the hitters showed up last night. It was a good night for it with the chilly wind blowing out. I was surprised to see Cooper get rocked like he did early for 4 runs in the first inning. He looked fine after that. Once both teams go to the pen it was on. Neither teams relief was very good. Max Hutson is not the 190 listed on the roster. He has really put on some pounds and in the baseball unis i'm not sure if its muscle or fat. looked to me like fat being he was coming off surgery. A lot of guys were relying on the fastball way to much last night and couldn't quite locate their breaking stuff. I think the ump last night tightened the zone a bit to so that may have had something to do with it. I tell ya though the young guys all have really good arms. I think the young guys will be a step up in power and hitting strength given a little time to get comfortable. One thing that will be down as a whole for this years team is speed. Yeah we still have plenty of it but not as much as last years. I don't think its going to make a difference in our starting 9 though as we have enough to really be dangerous on the bases. They moved O'Brien around last night and we got to see him at catcher and at second. I don't think he quick enough at second to see much time there in the future. I think Sossamon looked good at third and may end up winning the position. He doesn't crush the ball like O'Brien though so its hard to say what the staff will do there. I think they will favor defense but you just never know. I think O'Brien is our starting catcher next year and a dh/utility guy this year with lots of playing time just about anywhere besides the outfield. Hall and Jones have 2/3 outfield positions locked up. the third looks so far like its between Caster and Letourneau. Oh and Ryan Scholes pitched in some relief last night and he brings some serious heat. Don't think he has much else but with that kind of heat he may not need much else. Guys did tee up on him though last night but again it seemed like a tight zone so that may have had a lot to do with it. Kevin Halls arm is retarded. Guy has a cannon and I think he starts in center and we keep Jones and his speed in right. Left field is up for grabs with Caster and Letourneau. Caster has better speed and its hard to compare arms or bats at this point as both have impressed me equally at the plate thus far. First is a lock with McKeever who showed some great defense last night on a few plays. He has improved a ton at first. Second is locked up with Baez. So far that kid has come through no matter the situation. SS is locked up by Grimes who has tremendous speed and quickness and a cannon for an arm. His bat will improve as he gets more comfortable. Hes a little to aggressive thus far and as he finds a little more patience he will see much better results. Third is up for grabs between O'Brien and Sossamon with the defensive edge to Sossamon and the offensive edge to O'Brien. Lassley is clearly our starting catcher and I was disappointed with his plate discipline the first game but the last two his aggressiveness at the plate has worked well and he really challenges the outfield and smacks the crap out of the ball just about every time.

Comment

Yeah the hitters showed up last night. It was a good night for it with the chilly wind blowing out. I was surprised to see Cooper get rocked like he did early for 4 runs in the first inning. He looked fine after that. Once both teams go to the pen it was on. Neither teams relief was very good. Max Hutson is not the 190 listed on the roster. He has really put on some pounds and in the baseball unis i'm not sure if its muscle or fat. looked to me like fat being he was coming off surgery. A lot of guys were relying on the fastball way to much last night and couldn't quite locate their breaking stuff. I think the ump last night tightened the zone a bit to so that may have had something to do with it. I tell ya though the young guys all have really good arms. I think the young guys will be a step up in power and hitting strength given a little time to get comfortable. One thing that will be down as a whole for this years team is speed. Yeah we still have plenty of it but not as much as last years. I don't think its going to make a difference in our starting 9 though as we have enough to really be dangerous on the bases. They moved O'Brien around last night and we got to see him at catcher and at second. I don't think he quick enough at second to see much time there in the future. I think Sossamon looked good at third and may end up winning the position. He doesn't crush the ball like O'Brien though so its hard to say what the staff will do there. I think they will favor defense but you just never know. I think O'Brien is our starting catcher next year and a dh/utility guy this year with lots of playing time just about anywhere besides the outfield. Hall and Jones have 2/3 outfield positions locked up. the third looks so far like its between Caster and Letourneau. Oh and Ryan Scholes pitched in some relief last night and he brings some serious heat. Don't think he has much else but with that kind of heat he may not need much else. Guys did tee up on him though last night but again it seemed like a tight zone so that may have had a lot to do with it. Kevin Halls arm is retarded. Guy has a cannon and I think he starts in center and we keep Jones and his speed in right. Left field is up for grabs with Caster and Letourneau. Caster has better speed and its hard to compare arms or bats at this point as both have impressed me equally at the plate thus far. First is a lock with McKeever who showed some great defense last night on a few plays. He has improved a ton at first. Second is locked up with Baez. So far that kid has come through no matter the situation. SS is locked up by Grimes who has tremendous speed and quickness and a cannon for an arm. His bat will improve as he gets more comfortable. Hes a little to aggressive thus far and as he finds a little more patience he will see much better results. Third is up for grabs between O'Brien and Sossamon with the defensive edge to Sossamon and the offensive edge to O'Brien. Lassley is clearly our starting catcher and I was disappointed with his plate discipline the first game but the last two his aggressiveness at the plate has worked well and he really challenges the outfield and smacks the crap out of the ball just about every time.
            Whew! Take a breath brother. :D :good:
            SFL is back!

Comment

Thaks for the observations t. Going to be a fun year watching these young guys develop, although I'm sure there will some frustrations and growing pains along the way also.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

Whew! Take a breath brother. :D :good:
                Well I do have a reputation for run on sentences around here.

Comment

in my mind, the roster's set now with only one exception, leftfield.

O'B is your third baseman, because if you play him at DH there's no place for Rosecrans in the lineup (Rosey's had some defensive problems in the games I've watched, so I doubt he's going to play a lot of 3B). Left field is probably Caster with Bascue close behind.

As t7017s posited, Hall is a lock in center and Jones in right.

It's early ... but I'm starting to think that we might not lose as much as we thought in terms of hitting.

• Baez should equal or surpass Workman's numbers.

• Lassley should hit for a better average than Ty Weber and won't clog up the basepaths doing it. (Also: mark my words, Lassley's power numbers will jump this year. He's really turning on the ball, and only several games with strong north winds have kept him in the park.)

• O'B and Rosey can flat out rake.

If Jones, Hall, Caster and McKeever make a jump, we might be on par with the offensive output of last year.

Now if we can get somebody to throw up some zeros .....

GO SHOX!
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Gotta love the pitching giving up 23 runs combined too. :D

Comment

Too bad

Originally posted by KC Shox
                      Gotta love the pitching giving up 23 runs combined too. :D
                      Stuff happens, Mr. Happy -- even to quality pitchers in the majors sometimes. Keep in mind, too, that the guys aren't allowed to throw all their pitches during the fall.

Comment

If the pitchers would have thrown shutouts he would be complaining about the hitters. I wish you would find another team to follow

Comment

O'B ? Obrien? didn't know he played 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                            O'B ? Obrien? didn't know he played 3rd.
                            Yep. He's listed on the roster as 3B/C and played third in the first game of the SWS as he did this summer when he joined the Sluggers for the NBC tourney.

Based on seeing some practice games other than SWS, I would guess that O'B and Gilmore got the most time at third this fall. Williams and Rosecrans don't look like strong options because of fielding concerns, which may be why Sossamon was moved over there right before the SWS.

Both Gilmore and Sossamon were very up and down from a fielding standpoint in the games I saw. Sossamon had three bad errors in last night's finale, for instance.

And, again .... it's early. : )

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Where did this Will Baez go???

Comment

Working...
                              X