Pelfrey in a pennant race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelfrey in a pennant race

Biggest game in Pelfrey's career tomorrow night with the Mets trailing the Phillies by 1 game and either tied or 1 up on Milwaukee with 3 to play.

I think Pelfrey has struggled against the Marlins this year, but I have a good feeling about tomorrow.

I am going :yahoo: (my last game at Shea), but it is supposed to pour rain :shock: .

Let's go Shox! Let's go Mets! :posterwu:
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Good luck to Mike, such a conflicting moment for me. I'm a huge Phillies fan so sorry to say that I hope Mike goes seven strong innings and leaves with the lead, then the Mets bullpen blows another one. Go Phillies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
      Good luck to Mike, such a conflicting moment for me. I'm a huge Phillies fan so sorry to say that I hope Mike goes seven strong innings and leaves with the lead, then the Mets bullpen blows another one. Go Phillies!!!
      C'mon, man, let's get Pelfrey his 14th win :yahoo:. The Phillies aren't going to need any help anyway with a series against the Nationals this weekend :cry: .
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Too bad. The Mets missed out on the playoffs this year again. I was hoping to see Mike pitch in the postseason. Hopefully, we'll get to see him next year in October.

Comment

It was an ugly game. Mike did fine giving up 3 runs in 6 innings, but the Marlins scored two in the first and never looked back. The first pitch of the game was a hit, and the guy behind me said, "Well, there goes the no-hitter." After the first he settled down and only gave up a solo home run.

But the offense left 7 base runners in the first three innings and only scored 5 runs all weekend.

Oh well, the Mets had a good resurgence the second half of the season and Pelfrey was a big part of it. He and Delgado both had amazing turn arounds.
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Analogy time:

Pelfrey is to the Florida Marlins as:

WSU is to LSU in the CWS
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
            X