Travis Wycoff named Assoc Head Coach at Dallas Baptist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Wycoff named Assoc Head Coach at Dallas Baptist

Nice promotion and job change for Travis. More Shocks in the ranks.

Dallas Baptist University Patriot Baseball Head Coach Dan Heefner announced the hiring of Travis Wyckoff to be the Patriots Associate Head Coach and Pitching Coach ..........

Wyckoff comes to the Patriots with over 11 years of playing and coaching experience at the NCAA Division I level, including taking part in five NCAA Regionals and two College World Series.

Wyckoff came to DBU from Des Moines Area Community College, where he served as the Head Coach for the Bears during the 2007 season.

Before his stint at DMACC, Wyckoff was an Assistant Coach at Creighton University. Under Wyckoff's direction the Bluejays lowered their ERA from 5.32 to 4.50 in his first year, then to 4.10 in 2005, and in his final season to 3.50 in 2006, which ranked 18th in all of NCAA Division I Baseball.

Wyckoff's pitching staff played an instrumental role in Creighton's highly successful 2005 season, in which they won the Missouri Valley Conference regular season championship, won 48 games, and advanced to the NCAA Lincoln Regional Championship game.

At Creighton, he coached All-Americans Steve Grasley and Scott Reese, as well as Eric Wordekemper, who was selected in the 2005 draft by the New York Yankees. Grassley signed a contract with the Seattle Mariners.

Prior to going to Creighton, Wyckoff spent four seasons as an assistant coach at the University of Iowa. While at Iowa, he was the Pitching Coach and Recruiting Coordinator. In 2001, his pitching staff gave up the fewest earned runs of any team in the Big Ten Conference, including lowering the team ERA from 6.12 in 2000 to 4.80 in 2001.

Wyckoff had an outstanding career as both a pitcher and outfielder for Wichita State University (WSU), where he helped lead the Shockers to the College World Series in 1993 and 1996. During his senior season, Wyckoff was named a NCAA First-Team All-American by Collegiate Baseball, after he went 5-0 with six saves as pitcher and led the Missouri Valley Conference in hitting, with a .400 average and 29 doubles. Wyckoff was a two time First Team All-MVC selection and was honored this May by being named to the All Time Missouri Valley Conference team.
    Another place to beef up the schedule.

For several years I've been thinking that DBU would be a great addition to the schedule; solid RPI, not too far away. Certainly a better option than No. Colorado. Maybe this will get it going.

And good luck Travis!

Comment

Good luck Travis Wykcoff.

Comment

This school is in the same league as Newman University. Every other year they should be coming to Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
          This school is in the same league as Newman University. Every other year they should be coming to Wichita.
          Dallas Baptist is a independent in Division I baseball (unless they are dropping down next year).

Comment

They are actually quite a decent program with a good head coach. I would bet someone else's pinky finger that within five years, the current HC has moved on and Wyckoff takes his place.

Comment

It is great to see Travis doing well. I hope things work out great for him in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                Dallas Baptist is a independent in Division I baseball (unless they are dropping down next year).
                My bad. Sorry about the incorrect information.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                  My bad. Sorry about the incorrect information.
                  You were correct that this would be a nice series for WSU to get going.

2007: 112 RPI
                  2006: 81 RPI
                  2005: 80 RPI
                  2004: 54 RPI

Comment

Working...
                  X