Nice Musgrave article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Musgrave article

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

That was a nice article but give me a break coach.

"....because of the excessive innings pitched they were forced to put Rob in the bullpen...."

Really.....excessive innings eh coach?? Do you plan to give Rob a start once every 7 days? My guess is that Rob will be used at a slightly higher innings per day average than he got at WSU.

Comment

Awww...how sweet. :) I'm a sucker for romance.
      I have one question for the author of the article. What are "rose pedals?" Something to do with cycling? :lol: ;-)
      "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Whoa

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        That was a nice article but give me a break coach.

"....because of the excessive innings pitched they were forced to put Rob in the bullpen...."

Really.....excessive innings eh coach?? Do you plan to give Rob a start once every 7 days? My guess is that Rob will be used at a slightly higher innings per day average than he got at WSU.
        Easy, Doc; you misread. The article said an "excess of" innings, not "excessive" innings, and in that observation the coach is exactly correct.

For WSU last year, Rob pitched 111 innings, with few (although not zero) high pitch counts, which I certainly agree is not excessive for a collegiate starter who's his team's top gun. But with it having long since been established that a heavy workload is the single most dangerous thing to a young pitcher's health, it would make no sense for a short-season minor league team to use a guy who had already worked 111 innings in about 3 1/2 months as a starter. An organization that did so would not be making a wise use of its investment.

On the other hand, if Rob had pitched 50 innings or so at WSU this year, his pro team would have much more leeway in how to use him safely, and he might have been a starter if that was the organization's vision for him. So that's where the "excess" comes in -- not in that he was used too heavily at WSU given his role, but in the normal workload that his role imposed on him.

All the coach (and thus the writer) were really saying was that because Rob had already pitched a lot this year, which he had, the club wanted to go easy on him the rest of the season. That was a perfectly sensible move, and with the latest stats showing that Rob has been exceptional in his 35 1/3 IP so far, they've been rewarded for it -- and presumably Rob has shown enough to advance at his next opportunity.

Comment

I humbly stand corrected.

Comment

Don't feel bad Doc. I read it the same way the first time.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
            X