Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another potential recruit

Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

I dunno why you used a question mark in your title... the end of the article says we have made an offer so clearly he is more than another potential recruit.

Comment

Sounds like the type of player we would love to see in shocker colors.Really love his size.

Comment

To me it sounds like a potentionally familiar situation. The young man gets drafted in the later rounds because of his strong intentions of playing college ball only to be offered 2nd or 3rd round money later. From now on, college teams will no longer know who is going to be wearing their colors, even players from the late rounds, until the signing day passes.

Comment

Potential Recruit

Where is Dickinson? The website above let me read it once & when I went back later to review it, it then required a password. This guy is definitely a top notch prospect and an infielder - a position WSU is looking for with the recent losses of Logan Watkins & Dusty Coleman to the ML's.

Comment

I never got to read it. At first the page wouldn't load and then later when it did it asked me to register.

Comment

Re: Potential Recruit

Originally posted by xazshox
              Where is Dickinson? The website above let me read it once & when I went back later to review it, it then required a password. This guy is definitely a top notch prospect and an infielder - a position WSU is looking for with the recent losses of Logan Watkins & Dusty Coleman to the ML's.
              The bottom of the website page says Dickinson, ND
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                To me it sounds like a potentionally familiar situation. The young man gets drafted in the later rounds because of his strong intentions of playing college ball only to be offered 2nd or 3rd round money later. From now on, college teams will no longer know who is going to be wearing their colors, even players from the late rounds, until the signing day passes.
                Bingo!

Article says his best offers are from Arizona, Nebraska, Oregon and Wichita State.. Sounds like a talented kid with good intentions, then some MLB team will dangle $700,000 in front of him and he'll never set foot on a college campus. A SS with a good body and the ability to hit for power and average - he'll never be a Shocker.

What drives me nuts is that it seems like MLB teams are letting the colleges do all the initial legwork to identify these talented kids; that puts the kids get on the major programs' radar and then the MLB scouts start following them and just pick them off at will. The whole process sucks.

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

He's a 9.5 on Perfect Game, so he should be drafted pretty high.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                    Originally posted by ShockTalk
                    Bingo!

Article says his best offers are from Arizona, Nebraska, Oregon and Wichita State.. Sounds like a talented kid with good intentions, then some MLB team will dangle $700,000 in front of him and he'll never set foot on a college campus. A SS with a good body and the ability to hit for power and average - he'll never be a Shocker.

What drives me nuts is that it seems like MLB teams are letting the colleges do all the initial legwork to identify these talented kids; that puts the kids get on the major programs' radar and then the MLB scouts start following them and just pick them off at will. The whole process sucks.

--'85.

Thanks for posting the information, I was never able to open the article.

Comment

Working...
                    X