Open tryouts for infield positions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open tryouts for infield positions???

Did anyone else hear Kemnitz on Talk Radio For Guys today? Did I really hear him say that they would be holding open tryouts for infield positions? He said he was NOT joking!

Edit: I know this is not unheard of in sports, but when's the last time WSU has tried it? Just curious.
    "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Don't they kind of have tryouts every year? At least they did when I was in school there.

Comment

I think they have them every year that's where they found Noah Booth, Braden Looper and I'm sure more.
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Open tryouts, I'm so there. They'll be asking, "check that glove for glue".

Comment

They are invited prospects whom are now in junior college or have signed with junior colleges. Like you said they got Looper, Booth and others out of this camp

Comment

So, this is something that the baseball program at least occasionally does. I did not know that. I thought when Brent felt the need to explain that he wasn't joking, that this was somehow an unorthodox situation. I had visions of Dennis Quaid's character in "The Rookie," showing up for tryouts with his children in tow. :lol: Thanks for clearing that up, guys.
            "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Wonder if Jason Duda will show?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                Good heavens, our baseball counterpart of Tyrone Shoelace and his crossover dribble. Who'd have guessed?

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. I know that every time I read your posts I think "Is he sniffing glue?", so why should it be any different on the diamond? :D
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

You just wait and see. It will be totally just desserts when you guys who hate me will be cheering for me when I take the field next season.

Comment

You just wait and see. It will be totally just desserts when you guys who hate me will be cheering for me when I take the field next season.
                      Oh man I don't know if I could handle a player with an attitude like yourself taking the field. You'd give up in the first inning if we happened to get down by 2. lol.

Comment

But how will we know it's you? Everyone will claim to be you. Tyler Grimes will claim to be KC Shox. Jordan Cooper will claim to be KC Shox. ETC. You're just too cool for your own good. We'll never know the real KC Shox. :cry:
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                          But how will we know it's you? Everyone will claim to be you. Tyler Grimes will claim to be KC Shox. Jordan Cooper will claim to be KC Shox. ETC. You're just too cool for your own good. We'll never know the real KC Shox. :cry:
                          Are you kidding... Those kids are competitors not quit... errr realists. You would know KC as he will have thrown in the towel, as its his duty being a realist, the first second we are behind in a game. Because lets face it we are young or not from the big 12 or something along those lines so why bother completing the rest of the game when the writing is on the wall. lol.

Comment

The t-meister should try out. That lil bulldog would be a sore in every opponent's eyes. If the t-meister tries out, we're Omaha-bound next year. No doubt about it.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Come to think of it, Brent also reflected on how great it would be if we could find another Looper hidden "in the bushes" nearby. For obvious reasons, I prefer "diamond in the rough." ;-) Or maybe rough in the diamond? :yes: Anyway, I'm anxious to see who they can shake out on their "Shox hunt."

Comment

Working...
                              X