KWCH Reporting Coleman Signing Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWCH Reporting Coleman Signing Pro

Don't know what to say, but it's not a good thing for the program.

That is awful news if true. I sure hope it is a nasty rumor.

Comment

Unless there is something or someone we dont know about next year may be one of the worst seasons in Shocker history.

Comment

KSN is also reporting this.

$700,000 signing bonus IS a lot to pass up. Darn it.
        "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by shockandawe08
          KSN is also reporting this.

$700,000 signing bonus IS a lot to pass up. Darn it.
          Well, can't blame him at all if they are offering that kind of money. Good luck Dusty.

It's up to Ryan Jones to be the leader on next year's team. He will be the only everyday starter back next season. It's going to be a interesting year to say the least!

Comment

Well good for him. Get paid hommie. Just remember to spend all your time practicing on hitting breaking balls. You'll see a lot more in pro ball and they'll exploit any weakness.

I don't blame him, next season looked to be a rough one so Dusty wasn't going to get any pitch to hit anyway. Good luck Dusty, and thanks for bringing in your S.D. counterpart.

Oh, and more proof that where one is drafted has nothing to do with how much money they get.

Comment

Yep, the MLB teams have really thrown draft position completely out of the equation in regard to signing bonuses this year. There was always a few exceptions, but this year has been wild accross the board.

Comment

It's true. According to his dad, he will play in the Cape League All-Star Game tomorrow night (watch it on New England Sports Network - 7:00 pm EST) and then leave for Wichita on Sunday to say his goodbyes; back to Sioux Falls for a couple of days and the off to Arizona for physical and his assignment after that.

Comment

Good for Dusty, I would jump all over 700K as well.

Well next year might be a little bit of a struggle. Looks like Grimes will be at SS next year. Hopefully either the juco transfer Williams or maybe Engrave can pick up the slack at third.

Comment

this is a sad day for dusty fans.
                    veni, vidi, vici

Comment

yet i'm happy for his contract. he's making way more than i'll make in the next 10 years.
                      veni, vidi, vici

Comment

That's high second round money. Only five shortstops in this year's draft signed for more - all among the top 30 picks. I'm sad for me, but happy for Dusty. He's a fantastic young man with a great work ethic. I will miss Dusty and his parents, Brad and Julie.

Dusty, you earned a special place in my heart. You always treated me right. I'm proud of you.

Comment

I hope he makes it to the bigs. Only time will tell.
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I'll miss him but I'm glad the dude is getting paid.

E: Has C.G. officially signed, and if so how much did he get?

Comment

That is like a kick in the stomach. Good luck Dusty. Don't forget the home run that got it started against OSU at the regional last year I know I won't.
                              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Working...
                              X