Pelfrey NL Player Of The Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelfrey NL Player Of The Week

The official website of the New York Mets with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.
    Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

:drum: :yahoo:

I'm thinking that someday we could have a Shocker on every MLB team (except THAT one, and you know the one) and we'll cheer them on, if not their team. :D The circle is getting smaller. We may touch hands before this is over.
    "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

This is good stuff!!!

Over his 15.0 shutout innings, the Wichita, KS native scattered nine hits without a walk, while striking out 10. The 6-7, 230 pound righthander is the first Met to be named the National League Player of the week since Carlos Beltran won the award on August 19, 2007.

Since May 31st, Pelfrey has pitched to a 2.26 ERA (15 earned runs / 59.2 innings) in nine starts, including wins in his last six starts. The third-year player became the first Mets pitcher since Steve Trachsel, who won seven straight starts from June 6 - July 14, 2006, to win six consecutive starts when he led the Mets to a 7-0 victory over Colorado on Sunday night.

Comment

Pelfrey is in town now. He was at my son's tball game this evening. His nephew was playing on the opposite team. It was neat to see him there.

Comment

I can't find the link now, but I ran into an article from a couple weeks ago.

Pelfrey said he decided to spot his pitches instead of trying to throw everything in the mid-90's. That happened shortly after the Mets changed managers and pitching coaches.

Pelfrey said he was throwing mid-80's. Catcher came out to ask him if he was OK. Was there something wrong? Pelfrey told the catcher, "I'm fine. I'm going to spot my pitches instead of just trying to throw stuff past everybody" - or something to that effect.

If Pelfrey becomes a mid-80's pitcher who can spot his stuff - and that seems to be working - he's still got the mid-90's heater and that thing is going to be pretty unhittable if it looks like the mid-80's "fastball" he's been throwing.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I read that the Yankees and Mets are interested in Casey Blake.

Comment

Working...
            X