i'll miss andy dirks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'll miss andy dirks....

...i had the pleasure of watching him up close a lot during his high school career, as he played a lot against my son, and i've always been impressed...great athletic talent, but he has grown into a very capable leader.well done, andy...and all the seniors!

Me too. Andy and Conor, IMO, were the epitome of what Shocker baseball players should be. Not only in superb talent, but the mentality of a dirtbag. They will be missed. I only wish Dirks was here a full 3 or 4 years instead of being a transfer.

Speaking of transfer, anyone know about that very short and stocky Hutch kid we had a thread about not too long ago. Did you get signed by pros or signed by another university?

Comment

I agree. Andy and Conor are exactly the kind of hard-nosed stud we need more of. Loved watching them play.

Congrats to then entire team. I hope those coming back got enough of a taste of post-season that they will work endlessly during the off season to make sure they get back next year.

To those of you leaving WSU, THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
        Speaking of transfer, anyone know about that very short and stocky Hutch kid we had a thread about not too long ago. Did you get signed by pros or signed by another university?
        I think he signed with Central Missouri State.

Comment

I really really hope that he improves on his senior year and then I get to watch him at the pro level.

Comment

Here, here...
            Andy Dirks has left some pretty big shoes to fill. I don't see him being forgotten for some years to come, because I'm betting that even if the younger ones coming up don't know who he was, they soon will. He's the standard they'll be asked to meet. The same goes for Conor. Thanks for the memories guys. You belong to the world now.
            "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Amen. I think he's was one of the best and had he played 4 years here.. wow! Thanks Andy!

Comment

Working...
              X