When checking our board...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosewood
    Let us put this to bed once and for all, right here, right now.

If this had happened against OSU, well I would have expected their benches to clear. Also, I would expect this thread to be massive. However, because it happened against a much better program with MUCH better fans, I don't think it is too much to be reasonable.

Especially with the loss, I don't fault any FSU fan for "melting" down. We all do as fans to a degree, and it is one of the best uses of message boards. Also I don't fault them for being upset about RJ's slide. Now again, if this was against OSU, I would call anyone who thought that was dirty some dirty names. However, the respect I've gained for FSU fans means I give them a pass. When it is all said and done, there will always be some that think it was dirty. However, everyone knows it was not, and that was made evident very quickly by how quickly RJ wanted to check on him AND stayed with him. He looked straight back at the ump and asked for time and as soon as it was granted, he was over to the player. These are not the actions of someone trying to be dirty.

If we were at all dirty, Gene would have been acting like OSU coaches when there was that much of a delay to get the kid back out there to play.

Finally, Dusty's slide was no different than any other slide ever. Again, if he was playin it dirty, he would have jawed with the FSU 3B. He just kept walking. The actions just don't match with the intentions. Also, I totally give that FSU 3B a pass because in the heat of the game, things are going to be different. Same for fans. If FSU's 3B really thought it was dirty, he had a chance to turn it around shortly there after and didn't (because that just isn't what these two teams are about).

It never crossed my mind that the HBPs we got today were any kind of payback because that just doesn't sound like what I've read about FSU in this last week. Also, why would you want to put guys on like that? Again, the actions don't match any kind of nefarious intentions.

As for the post game "no comment" comments by Martin... his team lost a close game. I wouldn't expect anything more or less from a guy. I'm sure he knows everything out there today was nothing short of a good baseball game because he is too good of a coach to think anything else. It is the bad coaches like OSU's that get in a funk over stuff and drag it into the next game and then get out coached and lose.

Finally, FSU fans, I have so much respect for you guys. The cheers, the chants, and the way you have behaved from everyone I've talked to and seen just make me want to play you guys every year damn it. This how baseball should be. Any other school and I wouldn't bother to type out this post. It isn't worth it. You guys have made it worth it.

Here is to another great game tomorrow.
    Rose... you're the man!

:good: :good:
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

My turn to chime in :D

The 2nd slide, and FSUs Tapley's later that inning were the same freaking play. The only difference is thier SS was previously injured because of thier 2B and Workman was able to avoid the contact and turn the DP.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        My turn to chime in :D

The 2nd slide, and FSUs Tapley's later that inning were the same freaking play. The only difference is thier SS was previously injured because of thier 2B and Workman was able to avoid the contact and turn the DP.
        Bless you. There are a few, not a bunch but a few, on Warchant that seem committed to the dirty play on both slides. I tried to bring this point up but so far have not made any headway. No matter, there are bigger fish to fry today and honestly I'm certain our team has forgotten it and I'm pretty darned certain the Noles have to......they better have at least.

Comment

Working...
        X