X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today's press conference

Good stuff from the FSU message board:

2nd and 3rd all-time winningest college baseball coaches

It didn't take long for the two veteran baseball coaches – Florida State's Mike Martin Sr. and Wichita State's Gene Stephenson – to start cracking jokes.

Stephenson struck first, saying he was relieved that Martin was still looking chipper.

"I want to say it's great to be in a position to know that Mike is still alive," he said. "Because, in most places where the field is named after the guy, they're already deceased."

Martin fired back while walking to the podium when he spied two cups of water near the microphone.

"Which one of these did you drink out of?" he asked Stephenson.

"Both," Stephenson replied from the back of the room.

Maybe we'll be seeing a FSU-WSU series continued to next season. It would be nice seeing an ACC team come to the Eck.

Comment

thanks alpha bravo charlie!!
      1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

This is shaping up to be a really amazing series. It looks like the guys are going out there and have some fun and enjoy some baseball.

Comment

I like Gene's quote about trying to schedule a home and home with FSU in the past. He said something along the lines of this was FSU's part of the home and home, now they just need to come to Wichita to finish it.

Comment

Watching Gene and Mike interact was humorous. You can tell they have a long history/friendship.

Comment

Working...
            X