Team Sendoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Sendoff

Just read on the wsu blog on the Wichita Eagle's website, that "the Shockers leave Eck Stadium at 4:30 p.m., Wednesday. WSU is encouraging fans to come to the stadium for a send-off rally before the team heads to the airport."

Anybody going? I'm thinking about stopping bye before going to work.

I'm going to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
      I'm going to give it a try.
      Did you go?

Comment

I hope a few people made it out... Wish I could have, but I'm saving my leave work early day this week for Friday!

If by some miracle we beat FSU, let's pack the airport like everyone did for the basketball team! I missed out on that one, I was still in Greensboro. :yahoo:

Comment

My wife and I went. The team didn't get off until almost 5:00 pm. At around 4:40 I counted 92 people and I know a few more walked up after that so probably close to 100 people came out. The players seemed to appreciate it. Most talked with the crowd and signed autographs. Gene said a few words to the effect that we could depend on this team giving it their best effort and said that win or lose they were going to have "a whale of a good time." Kenny Williams was one of the last players on the bus and probably got the biggest cheer from the crowd.

Given how hot it was (one older man went down and had to be treated by paramedics) and that it was held at a time when most people are working, I thought it was a pretty good showing.
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I was there and ill be at the airport when they come home.Go shox!!!

Comment

If this team comes home with 2 wins, and is headed to Omaha, there will be plenty of Shocker fans waiting at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox24
                If this team comes home with 2 wins, and is headed to Omaha, there will be plenty of Shocker fans waiting at the airport.
                win or lose there should be alot of shocker fans waiting for them at the airport
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I'll be waiting at the airport. I was just a couple minutes late getting to the Eck. Good luck and Go Shox.

Comment

Working...
                  X