In a perfect world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a perfect world...

I could simply Tivo Friday’s game and watch in the comforts of my own home at the time of my choosing. But reality dictates it’s impossible not to hear a game update from a coworker.

Case in point: I had to record last year’s Irvine game 2 as I had daddy duty with my 2 year-old that particular day. We’re at the zoo (which I thought was a safe environment) and some fat lady wearing headphones blurts out the score in the 6th inning.

Therefore, I have no choice but to take vacation time Friday afternoon when I really wish I could just save it for later use (not to mention I’m behind at work – wonder why???)

Re: In a perfect world...

Originally posted by BostonWu
    I could simply Tivo Friday’s game and watch in the comforts of my own home at the time of my choosing. But reality dictates it’s impossible not to hear a game update from a coworker.

Case in point: I had to record last year’s Irvine game 2 as I had daddy duty with my 2 year-old that particular day. We’re at the zoo (which I thought was a safe environment) and some fat lady wearing headphones blurts out the score in the 6th inning.

Therefore, I have no choice but to take vacation time Friday afternoon when I really wish I could just save it for later use (not to mention I’m behind at work – wonder why???)

LOL ...those dog gone fat ladies....as long as I dont see one singing ..ill be fine
    1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Everyone I know, knows to keep thier mouth shut in situations like that. But you're right, there's always someone that pretty much blows it somewhere
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Everyone I know, knows to keep thier mouth shut in situations like that. But you're right, there's always someone that pretty much blows it somewhere
        You can say that again! I was at my wife's grandmother's funeral in Dodge City 2 or 3 years ago when WSU was playing SIU in the OT game that we won... After the funeral and later that evening I think I hear 5 or 6 poeple talking about what a great game it was. It made me happy to know we won, but I would rather have been surprised!

Comment

EXACTLY. It's just not the same watching a game for the first time when you already know the outcome.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
            Originally posted by SubGod22
            You can say that again! I was at my wife's grandmother's funeral in Dodge City 2 or 3 years ago when WSU was playing SIU in the OT game that we won... After the funeral and later that evening I think I hear 5 or 6 poeple talking about what a great game it was. It made me happy to know we won, but I would rather have been surprised!
            Leave it to the Moose to be lamenting a game during a funeral. I'm surprised you didn't just go ahead and wear the headphones.

Comment

I've tried this many many times and only been successful two times. Somebody anyways screws it up. Your chance of somebody not screwing it up it <2%. But it may work for you like it did for me those two times and you will be :yahoo:

Comment

Working...
              X