BA rankings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA rankings.

Baseball America rankings include a rundown of last weekends action.
    Take a quick look back at last week's games and a first glance at the upcoming games for teams in Baseball America's Top 25.

also the two other polls out this week...

Comment

I like a challenge.

Comment

Gene and the boys have always relished the underdog role and not getting any respect. Business as usual if you ask me and I like that. Keeps the fire lit under the guys asses and gives them plenty to play for and prove. I love it!!!

Comment

Rankings of #11, #12 and #13 are just fine.

I believe OSU was ranked #1 when WSU beat them twice in their yard for the Regional championship in 1988.

I had just graduated and headed down there with a few buds and we had a grand time. One of my friends mooned some OSU middle age co-eds and we were pulled over by the campus keystone cops and were harassed for a few minutes.

Anyway, I won't forget Bruce Haertl telling us that there was no way WSU could be OSU twice in their park.

He isn't so good at soothsaying.

Comment

I would like to see the Shox turn in another 50+ win season. It's gonna be tough. It's going to take every one of the Shox playing as well as they've ever played and possibly some of FSU's players having an off day. It's also going to take some bounces and breaks going WSU's way. FSU is a tough and solid team. They're also on an absolute tear right now.

We've been in FSU's position in the past. The better team on paper doesn't always win. Once the home plate ump yells "Play Ball", everybody is 0-0.

For those of you who think I can't do basic math, we've got to get to the CWS to get 50+ wins.

I did notice that in (what we think is) a down year and with some inexplicable losses, we're still #6 in the nation for total wins this year.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Oklahoma State is the top ranked team not in a super regional. That's too bad. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                Oklahoma State is the top ranked team not in a super regional. That's too bad. :cry:
                Are you saying that the rankings are rank? ;-) :D
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Did anyone else notice that according to Warren Nolan we are now 14-10 versus top 50 teams. Things sure change fast don't they?

Funny thing is we have played 24 games against top 50 teams and FSU (playing in the #1 conference in the country) has only played 29 games against the top 50. Of course they are 20-9 in those games, but I would have figured they would have played alot more than just 5 more games against top competition.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89
                    Funny think is we have played 24 games against top 50 teams and FSU (playing in the #1 conference in the country) has only played 29 games against the top 50.
                    That's really interesting.
                    www.myspace.com/clarensau
                    it's what i do

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89
                      Did anyone else notice that according to Warren Nolan we are now 14-10 versus top 50 teams. Things sure change fast don't they?

Funny thing is we have played 24 games against top 50 teams and FSU (playing in the #1 conference in the country) has only played 29 games against the top 50. Of course they are 20-9 in those games, but I would have figured they would have played alot more than just 5 more games against top competition.
                      And we had rainouts

Comment

And many of FSU's top 50 was with their weekend starters.

People seem to forget a team in a conference like the MVC plays their tough games in the mid-week with their 4 and 5 guys. Why do you think we've surprised people? I'm not too surprised myself, only a little. We know what Musgrave, Shafer, and Capra can do.

Comment

Musgrave, Shafer, and Capra
                          With these three how did they lose any weekend games to Valley teams?
                          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                            1) Sometimes our offense sputtered
                            2) Our bullpen let them down a few times

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                              Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                              1) Sometimes our offense sputtered
                              2) Our bullpen let them down a few times
                              3. Maybe as post season plays out people will realize the MVC isn't quite as bad as everyone thought or other conferences weren't quite as good.

Think about our games against the Big 12 (the 3rd ranked conference in the country). We played 9 games against Big 12 teams and were 5-4. All of our losses were very close games (7 runs combined in 4 losses) and most of them were during the stretch we were playing like crap and I think we still led late in the game in two of those and blew the games. We just played terrible during a stretch of 3 or 4 weeks and lost to everyone we played.

Comment

Working...
                              X