Buster Posey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster Posey

We all thought Conor was a good hitter. Look at FSU catcher Buster Posey.
    avg .468 HR 24 RBI 86 SLG .897
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

That's it? I was expecting more from an ACC player. :D

j/k

Comment

Dude's a stud.

He was just announced as one of the 5 finalists for the Golden Spike award (of which none are Shockers :cry:).

Comment

and i guess he is the Louisville slugger national player of the year

Comment

I think the "more" you are looking for is his game earlier this year in which he played all nine positions and hit a grandslam in the same game...Oh and struck out two batters.

He is our closer also and has 6 saves, a 0.00 ERA in 8 appearences with 10 K's and only 3 hits against.

hahaha...just trying to give the guy his due.

We are going to be worrying about Connor tho...that kid is a stud. Heck of a ballplayer yall have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby
            Dude's a stud.

He was just announced as one of the 5 finalists for the Golden Spike award (of which none are Shockers :cry:).

The other 4 will be consolation winners. Buster is the no brainer choice.

Comment

Re: Buster Posey

Originally posted by newshock1234
              We all thought Conor was a good hitter. Look at FSU catcher Buster Posey.
              avg .468 HR 24 RBI 86 SLG .897
              What could be your reasoning for EVER pitching to this guy with a runner on base? Ego is the only thing that comes to mind. Make someone else beat you. I think I would just roll the ball up there to make sure if he did swing it he couldn't get under it!

Comment

I wonder if their is any chance the royals draft him in this weekend draft. :D

Comment

Originally posted by SaturdaysAtDoak
                  I think the "more" you are looking for is his game earlier this year in which he played all nine positions and hit a grandslam in the same game...Oh and struck out two batters.

He is our closer also and has 6 saves, a 0.00 ERA in 8 appearences with 10 K's and only 3 hits against.

We are going to be worrying about Connor tho...that kid is a stud. Heck of a ballplayer yall have.
                  I saw that on Sports Center and quite frankly, I didn't like it. It wasn't against a hard opponent and it was more of a publicity stunt hey look at this guy than really trying to prove anything. It reminded me of a minor league stunt.

I'm not saying it doesn't take skill but I'm saying that I'm not impressed by it and I found it to be tacky.

That takes nothing away from him, just that spectacle. I made similar comments here long before the FSU / WSU fate paths came together.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood

I saw that on Sports Center and quite frankly, I didn't like it. It wasn't against a hard opponent and it was more of a publicity stunt hey look at this guy than really trying to prove anything. It reminded me of a minor league stunt.

I'm not saying it doesn't take skill but I'm saying that I'm not impressed by it and I found it to be tacky.

That takes nothing away from him, just that spectacle. I made similar comments here long before the FSU / WSU fate paths came together.
                    We've done it. Fun is fun. Lighten up.

Comment

Although I will give the man props for his athletic ability, I remember watching an episode of Pardon the Interuption on ESPN and they had a short segment on this. Both Korheiser (sp?) and Wilbon both thought this was absurd and said it was a publicity stunt and was showing up the other team. Buster did this against Savannah State and they both ridiculed Coach Martin for allowing him to do this against a team they never heard of.

They did say however if he did this against a strong ACC program then that would be fine. But hey, again, if the dude has skills show it off, the coach just chose the wrong competition to do it against.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

Although I will give the man props for his athletic ability, I remember watching an episode of Pardon the Interuption on ESPN and they had a short segment on this. Both Korheiser (sp?) and Wilbon both thought this was absurd and said it was a publicity stunt and was showing up the other team. Buster did this against Savannah State and they both ridiculed Coach Martin for allowing him to do this against a team they never heard of.

They did say however if he did this against a strong ACC program then that would be fine. But hey, again, if the dude has skills show it off, the coach just chose the wrong competition to do it against.

They showed their butts on that one. We cleared it with the opposing coach in advance and he said it was fine.

I really thought it was kind of meaningless, but the poor sportsmanship angle was a joke.

Comment

Mike Jones played all 9 for WSU in the 90's. I do not see how this was absurd nor the the actions of Buster Posey.

It is not classless that this guy is a freak of nature on the baseball field.

Comment

Originally posted by WuBoy13
                            Mike Jones played all 9 for WSU in the 90's. I do not see how this was absurd nor the the actions of Buster Posey.

It is not classless that this guy is a freak of nature on the baseball field.
                            yea he did not do it in the same game

Comment

i dont have a problem with it, but i can see why people would

Comment

Working...
                              X